Hurricane Frances

  • Trisha Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
      Just a short note to all my friends and family...

      Hurricane Frances is bearing down on us soon and it looks like the eye will
      be passing over our town directly (Jupiter/Palm Beach Gardens area). We're
      packing up the hard drives, moving important papers and getting all pots and
      debris from the yard.

      We're headed to a shelter and will be fine I'm sure. But, I will be off the
      computer for a while, so just keep your fingers crossed for us!!! Another
      adventure on the way...

      I'll be in touch with you all when it's over. Bye for now!

      xoxo
      Trisha

    • StOrMy_ChOaS
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
        Good luck and please stay safe Trisha...Tammy ( StOrMy_ChOaS )

        Trisha Williams <trisha4080@...> wrote:Just a short note to all my friends and family...

        Hurricane Frances is bearing down on us soon and it looks like the eye will
        be passing over our town directly (Jupiter/Palm Beach Gardens area). We're
        packing up the hard drives, moving important papers and getting all pots and
        debris from the yard.

        We're headed to a shelter and will be fine I'm sure. But, I will be off the
        computer for a while, so just keep your fingers crossed for us!!! Another
        adventure on the way...

        I'll be in touch with you all when it's over. Bye for now!

        xoxo
        Trisha

        ***IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, PLEASE STOP BY AND PARTICIPATE IN THE PATIENT CARE QUESTIONNAIRE CONTAINED IN MESSAGE NUMBER 1369***

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: BrainSurgery@...

        Shortcut URL to this page:

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Karen Zinn
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2004
          Hi Trisha,

          I hope all is okay with you now that Frances has
          passed through. I have two brothers and a sister who
          live in Central Florida. I will be calling them later
          today. I�ve been listening to the weather reports
          frequently. Frances is certainly a hurricane that
          will be remembered. I�m sure that today we will hear
          about the damage done. My thoughts are with you and
          hope that you are doing fine.

          My NS reassured me that my M is not malignant. I was
          so happy to hear about that. It is apparently
          residual tumor following my surgery done in Jan this
          year. Last week I went through the CyberKnife
          treatment at Georgetown University Hospital in Wash
          DC. It was not painful at all. My energy has been a
          little lower than normal but I am bouncing back now.
          I am hopeful that future MRI�s will bring me good
          news.

          My boyfriend and I plan to retire to the New Smyrna
          Beach area in about 5 � 10 years. I will certainly
          get a copy of all my history for my files before I go
          down there. Thank you so much for sending me good
          questions to ask my NS.

          Karen Z

          --- Trisha Williams <trisha4080@...> wrote:

          > Just a short note to all my friends and family...
          >
          > Hurricane Frances is bearing down on us soon and it
          > looks like the eye will
          > be passing over our town directly (Jupiter/Palm
          > Beach Gardens area). We're
          > packing up the hard drives, moving important papers
          > and getting all pots and
          > debris from the yard.
          >
          > We're headed to a shelter and will be fine I'm sure.
          > But, I will be off the
          > computer for a while, so just keep your fingers
          > crossed for us!!! Another
          > adventure on the way...
          >
          > I'll be in touch with you all when it's over. Bye
          > for now!
          >
          > xoxo
          > Trisha

          > removed]

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Trisha Williams
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 2004
            Hi!

            I just got internet access. I had sent that one email, then the power went
            out and the generator didn't power to computers. Still no phone. We lost a
            lot of trees and got very tired of cold showers and no a/c or TV (for
            news)... we sat by the radio to hear what was going on.

            We stayed 2 nights at the Sheriff's Office and slept in the Internal Affairs
            Conference Room next to Bill's office. It's a wonder that Palm Beach County
            did so well. The winds were howling for about 48 hours and it sounded as
            though the roof was going to fly right off. As it was, there was a leak at
            the Sheriff's Office and the ceiling tiles were falling in on us... pretty
            scary, but kind of exciting too.

            Finally, on Sunday, it was safe enough to drive home. The structural damage
            to buildings and homes we passed was minimal... mostly fallen trees,
            dangling unlit traffic lights and flooding. I was SO worried about my
            daughter since she was in Jupiter near where it hit. We came home to make
            sure our house was still standing (it was!!) and then drove up to check on
            her. She'd made it through fine.

            Hopefully, the phones will be working soon. Most important thing is we are
            all fine.

            I don't think the next hurricane is going to get us. It looks like it will
            be heading south of Florida.

            There's still much to do. I'll try to get to the posts as soon as I can.

            Thanks for all your prayers.
            xoxo
            Trisha Williams, R.N.
            BrainSurgery@Yahoo Group Founder/Moderator
            4.8 cm meningioma left frontal/parietal/temporal lobes resected 5/3/99
            Living, laughing and loving better than ever!
            HAVE YOU VOTED IN THE POLLS???? CHECK THEM OUT:

            I hope all is okay with you now that Frances has
            passed through. I have two brothers and a sister who
            live in Central Florida. I will be calling them later
            today. I’ve been listening to the weather reports
            frequently. Frances is certainly a hurricane that
            will be remembered. I’m sure that today we will hear
            about the damage done. My thoughts are with you and
            hope that you are doing fine.

            My NS reassured me that my M is not malignant. I was
            so happy to hear about that. It is apparently
            residual tumor following my surgery done in Jan this
            year. Last week I went through the CyberKnife
            treatment at Georgetown University Hospital in Wash
            DC. It was not painful at all. My energy has been a
            little lower than normal but I am bouncing back now.
            I am hopeful that future MRI’s will bring me good
            news.

            My boyfriend and I plan to retire to the New Smyrna
            Beach area in about 5 – 10 years. I will certainly
            get a copy of all my history for my files before I go
            down there. Thank you so much for sending me good
            questions to ask my NS.

            Karen Z

            --- Trisha Williams <trisha4080@...> wrote:

            > Just a short note to all my friends and family...
            >
            > Hurricane Frances is bearing down on us soon and it
            > looks like the eye will
            > be passing over our town directly (Jupiter/Palm
            > Beach Gardens area). We're
            > packing up the hard drives, moving important papers
            > and getting all pots and
            > debris from the yard.
            >
            > We're headed to a shelter and will be fine I'm sure.
            > But, I will be off the
            > computer for a while, so just keep your fingers
            > crossed for us!!! Another
            > adventure on the way...
            >
            > I'll be in touch with you all when it's over. Bye
            > for now!
            >
            > xoxo
            > Trisha

            > removed]

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

            ***IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, PLEASE STOP BY AND PARTICIPATE IN THE
            PATIENT CARE QUESTIONNAIRE CONTAINED IN MESSAGE NUMBER 1369***

            Community email addresses:
            Post message: BrainSurgery@...

            Shortcut URL to this page:
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Kim Chrane
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2004
              Thank goodness!

            • capp3736@bellsouth.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 11, 2004
                Trisha,

                So glad that you and your family made it through "Frances" unharmaed. Please pray for us in the Keys. I live in Key West and was just released from the hospital yesterday after bladder surgery. I came home with a catheter still in in case of any problems. If I hadn't gotten released yesterday, I would have been evacuated to a hospital in Alabama.

                Instead, no choice but to sit it out. I can't drive my car and even if I could, since the last 2 hurricaines, it is hard to find gas.

                My windows are boarded up. I have gas to cook with and even a little hand held battery operated fan.

                My girlfriend and her husband will be here with me as they live on a boat. But if anything were to happen, thery would panic.

                Again, glad to here you are safe.

                Gentle Hugs,
                Margie

                PS: I had the gamma knife surgery for my M on August 10th. Since then I've had a hard time sleeping and am getting headaches. wonder if they are connected?