Stem Research support request letter

  • anne91547@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 12:04 AM

      Please find below a CAMR action alert that was sent out today to encourage one final push for co-sponsorship for the Bi-Partisan Letter of support for Scientific Medical Research. Thankfully there are currently 165 co-sponsors and they have a target list around 40, which is included in the below alert. Please help CAMR and CNS increase legislative support. This letter may not continue to circulate the House much longer and will be sent to the President in the near future.

      Thank you in advance from CNS Foundation and me, Anne McGinnis Breen

      "PS. I hope someday they will be able to save lives and improve quality of life for all survivors of brain tumors by using compatible healthy new stem cells of their own during the standard brain surgery."  AMB

      Extremely Urgent Action Alert
      Now is the time to Help Save Lives!

      A Bi-Partisan Group of Representatives is Writing
      President Bush Urging Him to Expand the Current
      Federal Policy on Embryonic Stem Cell Research

      WRITE/CALL/FAX/EMAIL YOUR CONGRESSPERSON
      Urge Them to Sign onto the Bi-Partisan Letter
      And Support Medical Research

      View a Target List of Representatives We Need As
      Co-Sponsors at the Bottom of This Email:
      If Your Representative Is On the List Contact
      Them Immediately!

      We Already Have 165 Co-Sponsors, But Need Additional Support As We Look To Send This Letter
      To President Bush Soon!

      Please Take a Few Minutes to Visit the
      Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research Website

      http://www.camradvocacy.org/fastaction/takeaction.asp
      And Take Action In Support of Embryonic Stem Cell Research

      Human embryonic stem cells have the potential to treat and better understand the deadly and disabling diseases that affect more than 100 million Americans, such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Pediatric Neurological Disorders, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis,
      spinal cord injury, brain tumors, brain injury and many others.

      When President Bush announced his stem cell policy in August 2001, he did not foresee that the 78 lines available for research at that time would not be sufficient. Tell your Members of Congress the challenges with the current policy are the following:

      • While it originally appeared that 78 embryonic stem cell lines would be available for research under the federal policy, now, more than two years after August 9, 2001, only 15 are available to researchers.

      • All of those 15 lines are contaminated by the old mouse feeder cells, making their actual therapeutic use for humans very uncertain.

      • Scientists are reporting that it is increasingly difficult to attract new scientists to this area of research because of concerns that funding restrictions and the use of old mouse cells will keep this research from being successful.

      • This promising field of research is moving overseas. We have already seen researchers move to countries such as the United Kingdom, Singapore, Israel, Sweden, South Korea and Australia, which have more supportive policies.

        "To many good and intelligent people, embryonic stem cell research would be a viable way to save and improve our own lives, and the lives of other people suffering from currently dehabilitating and deadly illnesses.  Please go to www.camradvocacy.org, and follow the steps to Contact Congress unless you don't agree that these existing human lives, in spite of their illness, have as much potential value as the cells in a test tube that are currently being thrown away.  BTW tell them to stop spending all our basic medical research dollars on rats. hehehe" Anne Mc Ginnis Breen

        Make your support of viable
        Embryonic Stem Cell Research known to these reps below!!!!!

        REPRESENTATIVE TARGET LIST

        Democrats Republicans
        Baca, Joe (CA)
        Bilirakis, Michael (FL)
        Bishop, Sanford (GA)Bonilla, Henry (TX)
        Carson, Julia (IN)Calvert, Ken (CA)
        Clyburn, James (SC)Coble, Howard (NC)
        Conyers, John (MI)Duncan, John (TN)
        Crowley, Joseph (NY)
        Ehlers, Vernon (MI)
        Davis, Jim (FL)English, Phil (PA)
        Davis, Susan (CA)Frelinghuysen, Rodney (NJ)
        Deutsch, Peter (FL)
        Goss, Porter (FL)
        Etheridge, Bob (NC)Granger, Kay (TX)
        Fattah, Chakah (PA)Isakson, Sonny (GA)
        Gutierrez, Luis (IL)Miller, Gary (CA)
        Harman, Jane (CA)Radanovich, George (CA)
        Hastings, Alcee (FL)
        Quinn, Jack (NY)
        Jefferson, William (LA)Shaw, Clay (FL)
        Johnson, Eddie Bernice (TX)Smith, Nick (MI)
        Kilpatrick, Carolyn (MI)Thormberry, Mac (TX)
        Millender-McDonald, Juanita (CA)Young, Bill (FL)
        Neal, Richard (MA)

        Owens, Major (NY)
        Peterson, Collin (MN)
        Pomeroy, Earl (ND)
        Rush, Bobby (IL)
        Sanchez, Loretta (CA)

        Sherman, Brad (CA)
        Turner, Jim (TX)
        Watt, Melvin (NC)
        http://postsnet.com/r.html?c=301933&r=301380&t=198998631&l=1&d=85154257&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2e10plus1%2ecom&g=0&f=-1

        Site and Newsletter courtesy of Ten Plus One Communications
        http://www.10plus1.com

        To signup for this newsletter, please click HERE

        GBYAY Anne McGinnis Breen