FW: AAADD

  • Trisha Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      I received the joke below from Ulla, one of our members from Australia.  Although we don't use this list to post jokes, I'm sending this one on to the group for a reason.  The description of this person's day, although it's supposed to be comical, is so much like most days I have - I couldn't help but wonder how many of you have days like this.

      It's good to see the humor in it, anyway!   I plan on keeping this page and the next time when someone asks me what I did all day, I'll pull it out!  You may have to scroll down to read it.

      Enjoy - happy Sunday!
      Trisha

       Trisha Williams, R.N.
      BrainSurgery@Yahoo Group Founder/Moderator
      4.8 cm meningioma left frontal/parietal/temporal lobes resected 5/3/99
      Living, laughing and loving better than ever!
      AAADD Diagnosis!!
      Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

      This is how it goes...

      I decide to wash the car and start toward the garage when I notice the mail on the table. I figure I might as well go through the mail before washing the car.  I lay my keys down on the desk, sort the mail and discard the junk  mail.  As I discard the junk mail, I see that the garbage can is full.  I lay the bills down on the desk and pick up the garbage can. Then I  figure that since I'll be going near the mailbox while taking out the  rubbish, I may as well pay these few bills first. Now where did I put my  chequebook?

      Ah, here it is! Oops, there's only one cheque left. My extra cheques are  in the other room. Oh! There's the cup that I was drinking earlier! Hmmm,  I guess I'd better take it out to the kitchen and discard it.  On the way to the kitchen, my flower arrangement catches my eye and  I  realize it needs more water. I pour the cup down the sink.

      As I wipe a spot off the counter I see my glasses on the window sill. It's about  time. I've been looking for them all morning!  I guess I'd better go put them away so I can find them again later.  But first I've got to add water to the flowers...

      Hey! What's  the TV remote doing in the kitchen? Aaaaaagh! I'd better take it to the living room because we'll never think to look for it in the kitchen tonight.  I take the remote out to the coffee table and find that the living  room is a bit untidy, so I go around arranging cushions and throw pillows.

      Then I'm off down the hall, to... to... what the heck was I planning to do?

      End of Day: The car isn't washed, the bills are unpaid, the flowers aren't watered, the chequebook still only has one cheque and now I can't seem to  find my car keys!

      I don't seem to have gotten anything done today, but I just can't figure out why because I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY LONG!!!  I realize this is a serious condition and that I'd better seek help.

      But first, I think I'll check my email.....