Tumor removed 1990 chances coming back?

  • Texan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi all, I am looking for some help

      I had a small low grade brain tumor successfully removed in 1990
      that caused grand maul seizures. Seizures started with my left leg
      jerking and moved to grand maul seizures.

      After surgury, I was successfully cured! The tumor was completely
      removed and the seizures stopped.

      Ive noticed for the last month that my left thumb will twitch.
      Sometimes it twiches almost all day long. Other days it doestnt
      twitch at all. It was my leg that jerked 14 years ago, not my thumb.

      I was wondering if anyone has ever had a tumor completely removed,
      only to have it come back 14 years or several years later.

      Any info will be GREATLY appreciated.

      Thanks,
      fortworthtexx
    • Alan Herendich
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
        Hi,

        I agree with Anne.  I just wanted to add my encouragement to get an MRI.  Although some doctors will call it a "cure" when the tumor is removed, you are at an increased risk to develope another tumor in the future.  Annual MRI's are a good idea for anyone who has had even a small tumor removed.  Let us know what you find out.

        Alan

        Texan <fortworthtexx@...> wrote:
        Hi all,  I am looking for some help

        I had a small low grade brain tumor successfully removed in 1990
        that caused grand maul seizures.  Seizures started with my left leg
        jerking and moved to grand maul seizures.

        After surgury, I was successfully cured!  The tumor was completely
        removed and the seizures stopped.

        Ive noticed for the last month that my left thumb will twitch.
        Sometimes it twiches almost all day long.  Other days it doestnt
        twitch at all.  It was my leg that jerked 14 years ago, not my thumb.

        I was wondering if anyone has ever had a tumor completely removed,
        only to have it come back 14 years or several years later.

        Any info will be GREATLY appreciated.

        Thanks,
        fortworthtexx

        ***IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, STOP BY AND COMPLETE THE PATIENT CARE QUESTIONNAIRE CONTAINED IN MESSAGE NUMBER 429***

        Community email addresses:
          Post message: BrainSurgery@...

        Shortcut URL to this page:
          http://www.egroups.com/community/BrainSurgery