Re: MNG West'n Med vs Nat. Healing & Shark Cartilage

  • Camachoent@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2003
      In a message dated 12/11/2002 8:42:57 AM Eastern Standard Time, Carin7303@... writes:

      I know that shark cartilage is supposed to contain anti-angiogenesis compounds. These are chemicals that prevent or reduce the body's development of new blood vessels. Tumors need a blood supply to live, and as they grow, they produce angiogenesis compounds that grow new blood vessels to supply them with the nutrients they need to keep growing. Preventing growth of new blood vessels, therefore, could be a way of keeping tumors from growing. Anti-angiogenesis drugs are under study by the medical community. I don't believe there have been any definitive study results yet.

      Hi Carin,
      I just wanted to add that I tried shark cartilage years ago, along with getting away from my hectic chores and family and just be alone with my thoughts and concentrate on my healing.  I added carrot juice to my newly found "shake."
      I would take spoons of shark cartilage because I ordered it in bulk, and would literally add a few teaspoons or tablespoons of it and gag as I drank it.  I would juice fresh carrots  or pears, even add yogurt,-------YUK!; Anything to aid me and I can't say it made matters better.  I did this for so long.  I had read up on all the anti-angionesis and it made sense to me.  Because my doctors had informed me that my previous tumors had progesterone receptors as well as a blood supply, I thought I had the "magic" bullet that would solve my problems.  I drank jars and jars  of shark cartilage and each time I gagged.  I was juicing and being such a "good girl".  However, the tumor coninued to grow and  after surgery, doctors informed me that the tumor did NOT have blood supply!!  It didn't work for me, but I just had to find out for myself and give it my best shot, which is what I've been doing for 23 years.
      Just thought I'd let you guys know,
      Love ya all,
      Delia