FYI New Southern Arizona BrainTumor Support Group

  • anne91547@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      Dear Bt friends,
           The first meeting of the Southern Arizona ACC/UMC Brain Tumor Support group will be Tuesday, November 5, 2002 at 10:30 am to 12 Noon at the Arizona Cancer Center, 1515 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, Arizona in Room 3978  The first guest speaker will be my current doctor, Maria Bishop, M.D., her topic is "Medical Oncological Updates Regarding Brain Tumors", with a question&answer time.
           This will be an ongoing group for individuals who have a brain tumor and significant others who want to share concerns and educational information. It will meet the first Tuesday morning of each month. Parking is available in the University Medical Center patient/visitor garage.
           For further information contact the clinical social workers:
           Linda Jones at 694-4786 or Marsha Drozdoff at 694-4605

      GBYAY Anne McGinnis Breen
      Still surviving and thriving for sixteen years after two successful craniotomies and a clinical trial, NCI SWOG 9005 Phase III of Mifepristone for meningioma, 1996-1999 tumor stable no change.
      Please ask me for my list of 28 questions to think about and ask your doctor and ALWAYS GET AT least ANNUAL MRI's after diagnosis or any treatment.
      Recurrent left medial sphenoid wing/ridge meningioma, now 2 cm, behind left eye,
      first surgery 1986, age 39, in Tucson, Arizona, second surgery, January 2000, age 53, Dr. Robert Spetzler, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona
      KOKO! Means Keep on Keepin ON!
      Treasure Your MIND, Cherish Your REASON, Hold to Your PURPOSE, and Keep Your FAITH!  KOKO!