Re: [Box-Art] Revell B-24

  • Scott Virgo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
      Richard Kishady was told not to sign his boxart. Therefore, on several models he did sign discreetly in a shadow. Check out the Yak 25 Flashlight, the S-55 Helicopter, the B-24, the Army Combat Team Gift Set to name a few.

      Scott

      Michael Bludworth <ssinc77098@...> wrote:
      Coupla' things about the  Revell B-24 S kit and box art.  No one mentioned the odd "khaki" green of the original plastic. Also, if you look in the shadow I think it says Kishady. Do we concur?
      IIRC, this kit had a reasonably good fit, and all the rotating turrets worked as advertised. Nice kit, although it was a major tail sitter.
      Since this is an S kit, it makes it interesting that Revell didn't release their B-17 until almost a decade after they started making kits. They used it as their flagship for their foray into 1/72. The "aura" of the B-17 that we are familiar with these days wasn't so in the '50s!
      Good 'ole stuff.
      Michael Bludworth