Free Download Alert 15MAY17

  • xs750rider
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2017

      Giday Boxsters,

      Another Monday ... a new Free Download.

      This weeks is a doozy!

      From the historical archives of the Imperial Japanese Navy, the Chairman presents the boxart that Scott Eidson did for the UPC release of the Mitsubishi 1MT1N, Japanese Navy Type 10.

      The 1MT was designed by Sopwith designer, Herbert Smith and featured a triplane configuration.

      The design first flew in 1922, but it was not able to operate from a carrier when torpedo armed.

      Only 20 of them were made and they were all scrapped long before WWII.

      I was able to ferret out a dozen images of this unusual aircraft for your enjoyment.

      Before they gave up on the design one was converted to a float plane.

      All the images are 1280 pixels.

      Get them @ http://www.boxartden.com/FD/

      Jean

    • Charles 1 Model

        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2017

          Wow! A Triplane torpedo bomber, and made after WWI as well?

          Not one I have ever heard of.

          Were there any other triplanes made after WWI?

          UPC made some interesting kits, ranging from astonishingly good to pretty poor.

          Thanks, Jean!

          Robert

          The 1MT was designed by Sopwith designer, Herbert Smith and featured a triplane configuration.

          The design first flew in 1922, but it was not able to operate from a carrier when torpedo armed.

          Only 20 of them were made and they were all scrapped long before WWII.

          I was able to ferret out a dozen images of this unusual aircraft for your enjoyment.

          Before they gave up on the design one was converted to a float plane.

          All the images are 1280 pixels.

          Get them @ http://www.boxartden.com/FD/

          Jean

          No virus found in this message.

        • C. Bibbee
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2017
            Robert;

            Well, there was the Caproni Ca.4 series, including the Ca.48 airliner;

            It not only was a triplane, it had three full-length fuselages into the bargain.

            It lasted into the 1920s, and had the dubious distinction of being the first commercial airliner to crash in Italy. The bomber version was used by the Italian Army, plus the RFC and even the U.S. Army, from 1918 to around 1927.

            Sincerely,

            Carl B.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2017
              I you want to check out some rare kits, go to ebay and checkout member ID (buzzwoodworking). They have things I never knew existed, but very expensive.
              Charlie 1 Model

            • john_braungart
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2017
                Thanks for the heads up. I've been trying to put E-Pay behind me as I have more models to build than I'll have time to build them. That being said, a couple of those WWI kits DO look interesting.

                Regards,
                John Braungart