Free Download Alert 01MAY17

  • xs750rider
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2017

    Hello Boxsters and happy May 1st,

    It is Monday and time for a new Free Download.

    This week the Chairman presents a boxart that I recall very well, having built this kit numerous times.

    The FD is from Revell, and is one of their amazing frameable boxarts.

    The boxart comes from the Revell Academy series and depicts the Northrop F-89 Scorpion.

    This in one of those boxarts that makes you wonder, why are they taxiing on snow with the canopy open?

    I have attached an image to this FD alert of the Revell Master Modeler collectors card I made using this boxart.

    The original card utilized the art from the Revell Whip Fly kit.

    This shows the plane in a steep dive over the Hudson River in New York City and is not well done.

    From the Web and my archives I collected sixteen F-89 images and two prints done by the wonderful Jack Leynnwood.

    All the images are 1280 pixels.

    Get them @ http://www.boxartden.com/FD/

    Jean

  • Robert Eleazer
    Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2017

      Ah yes!  The Arctic Orange H-19 kit!  I even had that one.

      And of course the Revell USS Burton Island kit naturally showed some ice and snow.

      Speaking of armor, I believe the original Monogram 1/48 Ju87G Stuka kit showed snow down below, as does the Revell reissue.

      Robert

      Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2017
        Jean,

        Hey, who doesn't love jets with big teardrop pods on their wing tips? Adjusted for inflation, those babies were almost $1 million bucks a pop... real money in the late 1940's. It was also the first U.S. combat fighter to carry nuclear air-to-air missiles... and *unguided* 1.5 kilo-ton nuclear missiles at that (yikes! what happened if you missed your target and the missile headed down towards ground?). And the photo of the F-89 flying alongside of a Snark missile is great --  I've never seen that one before. Working on a Snark and launcher complex right now...

        -- J.R.

        jfa23@... [Box-Art] wrote:

        Hello Boxsters and happy May 1st,

        It is Monday and time for a new Free Download.

        This week the Chairman presents a boxart that I recall very well, having built this kit numerous times.

        The FD is from Revell, and is one of their amazing frameable boxarts.

        The boxart comes from the Revell Academy series and depicts the Northrop F-89 Scorpion.

        This in one of those boxarts that makes you wonder, why are they taxiing on snow with the canopy open?

        I have attached an image to this FD alert of the Revell Master Modeler collectors card I made using this boxart.

        The original card utilized the art from the Revell Whip Fly kit.

        This shows the plane in a steep dive over the Hudson River in New York City and is not well done.

        From the Web and my archives I collected sixteen F-89 images and two prints done by the wonderful Jack Leynnwood.

        All the images are 1280 pixels.

        Get them @ http://www.boxartden.com/FD/

        Jean

      • Charles 1 Model
        Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2017
          AURORA Flying Boxcar
          Charlie 1 Model

          Sent: Monday, May 01, 2017 at 10:09 AM
          From: "jfa23@... [Box-Art]" <Box-Art@yahoogroups.com>
          To: Box-Art@yahoogroups.com
          [Attachment(s) from jfa23@... [Box-Art] included below]

          Hello Boxsters and happy May 1st,

          It is Monday and time for a new Free Download.

          This week the Chairman presents a boxart that I recall very well, having built this kit numerous times.

          The FD is from Revell, and is one of their amazing frameable boxarts.

          The boxart comes from the Revell Academy series and depicts the Northrop F-89 Scorpion.

          This in one of those boxarts that makes you wonder, why are they taxiing on snow with the canopy open?

          I have attached an image to this FD alert of the Revell Master Modeler collectors card I made using this boxart.

          The original card utilized the art from the Revell Whip Fly kit.

          This shows the plane in a steep dive over the Hudson River in New York City and is not well done.

          From the Web and my archives I collected sixteen F-89 images and two prints done by the wonderful Jack Leynnwood.

          Message 5 of 11 , May 2, 2017

            Yep!  You're right!

            By the way, C-119 is listed under Jet aircraft on the box art website - and it's not the K model.  The F4F is listed under Jets, too, as is the B-36 - which does have jet engines.

            Thanks!

            Robert

            Message 6 of 11 , May 3, 2017
              Robert;

              Back before the Italeri kit, I actually used the old Aurora to build an AC-119K, using jet nacelles borrowed from a Hasegawa P2V-7. The Miniguns and 40mm Bofors were from various other kits, but the 20mm Vulcans had to be scratchbuilt.

              Yes, I've always been a glutton for punishment in model-building.

              Sincerely,

              Carl B.

              Message 7 of 11 , May 4, 2017
                Please take another look at the web site.
                It should be better now.

                Jean
              • Robert Eleazer
                Message 8 of 11 , May 4, 2017

                  OKay, sounds great!

                  By the way, I have an original Monogram T-28A and an original Hawk T-33A, not plated version.  What is the best way for me to supply that artwork for y'all to use?

                  Thanks,

                  Robert
                  Message 9 of 11 , May 4, 2017
                    Robert,
                    I hope Christian pipes in, but a nice flat bed scan at 300DPI or higher will suffice.
                    Christian likes 600DPI.
                    The problem is getting a file that large transferred.

                    Jean
                  • ABU625
                    Message 10 of 11 , May 4, 2017
                      Jean:

                      That's why God invented Dropbox.

                      - Allen

                      Message 11 of 11 , May 4, 2017

                        Yeah, Robert, if you have Dropbox, that works well, I often use We Transfer too.

                        Just let me know where to retrieve the scan(s), and I'll download them, thanks.

                        If you use We Transfer, send to this address: craviola880@...

                        Chris