Free Download Alert 2MAY 11

  • JeanA
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2011
      Hi Boxsters.
      This is a sad night for me. I wrecked my beloved Monte Carlo SS. I was run off the road by a little tuner who went wide in a turn!
      Oh well, at least I am OK.
      The Chairman has picked a neat boxart from the early days of man in space.
      The FD this week is the Revell boxart for the Mercury/Gemini spacecrafts.
      I pulled a few neat pics from Dryden of the X-48 blended wing aircraft.
      As usual all the images are 1280 pixels.
      Get them @ http://theboxartden.com/free_downloads

      Jean
    • Joe Smith
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2011
        Sorry to hear of your misfortune with the Monte Carlo SS, glad your OK!
        Cars can be fixed or replaced, peoples are no where near as replicable or fixable.

        Do know how you feel about your car, have the same love for my old 86 Capri,
        had it for 23 years. My daily driver.

        Best,
        Joe

        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2011
          Jean,

          Bummer about the Monte Carlo... what year was it? I still remember those commercials with Ricardo Montalban waxing lyrical about the "fine Corinthian Leather" seats... Have any pictures of it you could post? It would be a change of pace the airplane images.

          -- JR

          JeanA wrote:
          Hi Boxsters.
          This is a sad night for me.  I wrecked my beloved Monte Carlo SS.  I was run off the road by a little tuner who went wide in a turn!
          Oh well, at least I am OK.
          The Chairman has picked a neat boxart from the early days of man in space.
          The FD this week is the Revell boxart for the Mercury/Gemini spacecrafts.
          I pulled a few neat pics from Dryden of the X-48 blended wing aircraft.
          As usual all the images are 1280 pixels.
          Get them @ http://theboxartden.com/free_downloads

          Jean

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              Box-Art-digest@yahoogroups.com
              Box-Art-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • mvyk8@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 11 , May 3, 2011
            James,

            Ricardo Montalban was actually waxing lyrical about the "fine Corinthian Leather" seats in the Chrysler Cordoba : )

            Mike

            Message 5 of 11 , May 3, 2011
              Mike... Oh, yeah... right... it *was* the Cordoba, wasn't it? Things have all begun to run together in my mind. Soon it will all be one big massive Past Event with everything that I ever experienced lumped into one gigantic memory bubble :)

              -- J.R.

            • RNelson898@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , May 4, 2011
                Oooh..  that was the Dodge Cordova.  I remember that clearly because one of my co-workers in the machine shop bought one  - triple white - and in 2 weeks had ruined that 'fine Corinthian leather' with hydraulic and coolant oils.

                Jean, I'm sorry about the SS as well.  Was there some kind of competition going on or just a lousy driver?  I remember those from my early driving days in Md.

                Rick

                In a message dated 5/3/2011 11:21:10 PM Central Daylight Time, jrlist@... writes:
                I still remember those commercials with Ricardo Montalban waxing lyrical about the "fine Corinthian Leather" seats...

              • jaime hudson
                Message 7 of 11 , May 4, 2011
                  Jean,

                  Am sorry about your Monte Carlo SS...     Hope the insurance can help fix it.

                  People drive way too crazy these days...
                  That's why I don't get a motorcycle, even though better gas mileage would be great.

                  -- Jaime H.

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 4, 2011

                    Jean:

                    Sorry to hear about your car. At least you came away Okay. I hope the other guy was worse off!

                    Thanks an extra bunch for the box art. That kit is one of my all time favorites. I have it in my personal collection, purchased at a swap meet in 1982 in not too badly molested condition for $1.00. And I have the special commemorative reissue as well.

                    For those within striking distance of the San Diego Air and Space Museum, they have on display exact full scale Mercury and Gemini spacecraft they had built - and having seen the real things, I can say that their’s look much better! That boosting into space followed by re-entry must have some deleterious cosmetic effects, I guess. I helped initiate a deal where they were displayed at a Chilean Air and Space Exhibition back in the mid-90’s, since none of the real ones were available.

                    Robert

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 4, 2011
                      My Monte Carlo SS was a 2000 and had over 120K miles on it. It was totaled. Both airbags deployed and the right front wheel was ripped off. The entire right side was shredded by the guard rail. It was the only year they came in Forest Green, one of the colors used for SEA aircraft camo.

                      Jean

                      > Sorry to hear about your car. At least you came away Okay. I hope the other guy was worse off!
                      >
                      > Hi Boxsters.
                      > This is a sad night for me. I wrecked my beloved Monte Carlo SS. I was run off the road by a little tuner who went wide in a turn!
                      > Oh well, at least I am OK.
                    • Ken Casseres-Palmer
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 4, 2011
                        Well, imbeciles and those who run stop signs and red lights and kill people rarely get hurt.

                        Ken P.

                        My Monte Carlo SS was a 2000 and had over 120K miles on it. It was totaled. Both airbags deployed and the right front wheel was ripped off. The entire right side was shredded by the guard rail. It was the only year they came in Forest Green, one of the colors used for SEA aircraft camo.

                        Jean

                        > Sorry to hear about your car. At least you came away Okay. I hope the other guy was worse off!
                        >
                        > Hi Boxsters.
                        > This is a sad night for me. I wrecked my beloved Monte Carlo SS. I was run off the road by a little tuner who went wide in a turn!
                        > Oh well, at least I am OK.

                      • armen avakian
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 6, 2011
                          Hi Jean

                          I am happy to hear you are doing OK. Great download again.

                          Armen