Re: Energy saver bulb eye burn-out

  • John P. Braungart
    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 1, 2009
      --- In Box-Art@yahoogroups.com, Brooks Rowlett <brooks.rowlett@...> wrote:

      > That said, I think they are NOT meant as task lights, which seems to
      > be the use discussed here. I would recommend spot halogens for that.

      I've been using these CFBs for about a year or more with no ill effects. But, my primary light source is a magnifier and the light is shielded away from me and on the target. Also, as my workshop is in the garage, in warmer weather (40ยบ or warmer) I like to use direct sunlight.
    • Ken Palmer
      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 7, 2009
        I had a lot spicier reply, but I think yours is probably the best to avoid a bloodbath....
        For our purposes, discussion about light-spectrum and modeling color is appropriate, but let us leave the environment and politics to private discussions off-line.

        Thanks,

        Ken P.
        Co-Mod