Re: [Box-Art] Re: 1956?!?!

  • RNelson898@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      Seems to me the  DVII was released about 15 years ago for the first time.  I never got one, but I'm sure someone has the first issue and can get a date off the box for us.

      Rick

       In a message dated 3/31/2008 7:32:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, jfa23@... writes:
      I believe the Fokker DVII 1/28 kit was done by Revell AG many years ago
      to add another kit to balance out the series by adding another German
      fighter.
      I would have preferred a Pfalz or Albatross, but what the hell!

      Jean

      --- In Box-Art@yahoogroups.com, David Goessling <dgoessling@...> wrote:

      > I guess I never realized that those Revell 1/28th kits are that old!
      The SPAD was one of my first major builds - I must have been about 7 or
      8. It was major challenge following all the Lindberg and Aurora kits
      I'd been doing. All purchased at the Cycle & Hobby Shop in Highland
      Park, IL.
      > And I recall doing a pretty nice job on the Triplane and the Camel
      sometime in the 80s.... I don't think I ever built the D-VII, in fact
      can't remember seeing it? When was it last released? These kits were
      way ahead of their time!