Yarn Swap this Week!
- Please join the Boulder Hand Knitting Guild on August 9th for a fun
Hand Dyed Yarn Swap (with a surprise!)-- you don't have to be a member
to participate in this meeting.
1. We will be swapping at our August 9th meeting.
2. You must bring a hand dyed skein to participate. If you bring
one, you'll get to take one home!
3. Skeins must be hand dyed. If you haven't done this before,
check out: http://www.knitty.com/issuefall02/FEATdyedwool.html for
more know-how about using kool-aid (for protein fibers).
4. You can use any weight of yarn you want.
5. Please consider that you provide enough yardage for a `one
6. Here's the surprise!: Please wind your skein into a ball (or
yarn cake) and include a variety of trinkets wrapped up throughout.
(as the knitter works away on the ball of yarn, she'll discover all
sorts of little surprises!) Consider notions, buttons, small candy
and any thing else kind and fun (and not too expensive).
7. Please wrap up your completed skein in some sort of gift
wrap. We will put them in a basket or box and randomly selecting.
Because it is all rather random, you will not need to create a ball
with one person in mind (it's not secret pal style).
8. If you are not a regular attendee, please do not hesitate to
join us for this fun event! Just bring a skein!
We meet at Borders at 29th Street, upstairs in the Cafe area from
6:30-8:30. If you would like more information, just respond to this
message or check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoulderHKG/
Hope to see you there! emily