Yarn Swap this Week!

  • emily werner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2007
      Please join the Boulder Hand Knitting Guild on August 9th for a fun
      Hand Dyed Yarn Swap (with a surprise!)-- you don't have to be a member
      to participate in this meeting.

      Guidelines:
      1. We will be swapping at our August 9th meeting.
      2. You must bring a hand dyed skein to participate. If you bring
      one, you'll get to take one home!
      3. Skeins must be hand dyed. If you haven't done this before,
      check out: http://www.knitty.com/issuefall02/FEATdyedwool.html for
      more know-how about using kool-aid (for protein fibers).
      4. You can use any weight of yarn you want.
      5. Please consider that you provide enough yardage for a `one
      skein' project.
      6. Here's the surprise!: Please wind your skein into a ball (or
      yarn cake) and include a variety of trinkets wrapped up throughout.
      (as the knitter works away on the ball of yarn, she'll discover all
      sorts of little surprises!) Consider notions, buttons, small candy
      and any thing else kind and fun (and not too expensive).
      7. Please wrap up your completed skein in some sort of gift
      wrap. We will put them in a basket or box and randomly selecting.
      Because it is all rather random, you will not need to create a ball
      with one person in mind (it's not secret pal style).
      8. If you are not a regular attendee, please do not hesitate to
      join us for this fun event! Just bring a skein!

      We meet at Borders at 29th Street, upstairs in the Cafe area from
      6:30-8:30. If you would like more information, just respond to this
      message or check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoulderHKG/

      Hope to see you there! emily