may meeting.

  • emily werner
    Message 1 of 15 , May 3 11:58 AM
      hi-ya there folks!

      i wanted to let ya'll know that i (The Binder Keeper) won't be able to
      attend the may meeting (of which you will be having a round-table
      discussion of fair isle). i will be in Philadelphia attending the
      funeral of my grandfather-in-law. If you think you may need the binder
      for the meeting, let me know and we could try to arrange something ?!
      ( i leave saturday). i'm sorry to miss the meeting (i absolutely loved
      the last one!) but i'll look forward to reading the minutes.

      happy knitting! emily
    • Diane/Gary Carlson
      Message 2 of 15 , May 3 9:54 PM
        Hey I won't be making it either. I fully planned on attending, but our
        Sand Dunes camping trip for April got cancelled due to cold weather -
        to the next possible weekend my husband could take off - beginning
        Thursday the 10th. So I won't be there to take notes.
        I really enjoyed our last meeting too.
        -Diane
        On May 3, 2007, at 12:58 PM, emily werner wrote:

        hi-ya there folks!

        i wanted to let ya'll know that i (The Binder Keeper) won't be able to
        attend the may meeting (of which you will be having a round-table
        discussion of fair isle). i will be in Philadelphia attending the
        funeral of my grandfather-in-law. If you think you may need the binder
        for the meeting, let me know and we could try to arrange something ?!
        ( i leave saturday). i'm sorry to miss the meeting (i absolutely loved
        the last one!) but i'll look forward to reading the minutes.

        happy knitting! emily
      • Penny Hause
        Message 3 of 15 , May 4 11:05 AM
          Would we want to consider rescheduling? Or cancelling and putting the
          May program forward to June?

          Emily, I think we could manage without the binder (unless there's
          someone dying to pay their dues). And thanks for posting the flyer--I'm
          going to print a bunch and carry them with me so I won't have to be
          scribbling info on torn bits of paper the way I did the other night.

          Also, we have our low-key Knit-OUt in June 23. Is there any planning we
          need to do for that? (Aside from e-mailing knitting groups?)

          Penny

          Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
          > Hey I won't be making it either. I fully planned on attending, but our
          > Sand Dunes camping trip for April got cancelled due to cold weather - to
          > the next possible weekend my husband could take off - beginning Thursday
          > the 10th. So I won't be there to take notes.
          > I really enjoyed our last meeting too.
          > -Diane
          > On May 3, 2007, at 12:58 PM, emily werner wrote:
          >
          > hi-ya there folks!
          >
          > i wanted to let ya'll know that i (The Binder Keeper) won't be able to
          > attend the may meeting (of which you will be having a round-table
          > discussion of fair isle). i will be in Philadelphia attending the
          > funeral of my grandfather-in-law. If you think you may need the binder
          > for the meeting, let me know and we could try to arrange something ?!
          > ( i leave saturday). i'm sorry to miss the meeting (i absolutely loved
          > the last one!) but i'll look forward to reading the minutes.
          >
          > happy knitting! emily
        • Diane/Gary Carlson
          Message 4 of 15 , May 4 11:36 AM
            Let's see how many people would attend next week's meeting. If there's
            not many, then let's reschedule for the following Thursday night! So,
            if you are planning on attending this Thursday, speak up on email so we
            can get a count.
            I am following up with the permit for June's knit out. I don't think
            there's much to be done, since it's a bring your own everything kind of
            gathering. If people want to start emailing lists about it, that would
            be great. I was wondering if we want to take some of the budget money
            and buy about 10 pairs of size 8 Clover needles or something. We can
            discuss it at June's meeting.
            -Diane

            Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
            > Hey I won't be making it either. I fully planned on attending, but
            our
            > Sand Dunes camping trip for April got cancelled due to cold weather
            > the next possible weekend my husband could take off - beginning
            Thursday
            > the 10th. So I won't be there to take notes.
            > I really enjoyed our last meeting too.
            > -Diane
            > On May 3, 2007, at 12:58 PM, emily werner wrote:
            >
            > hi-ya there folks!
            >
            > i wanted to let ya'll know that i (The Binder Keeper) won't be able
            > attend the may meeting (of which you will be having a round-table
            > discussion of fair isle). i will be in Philadelphia attending the
            > funeral of my grandfather-in-law. If you think you may need the
            binder
            > for the meeting, let me know and we could try to arrange something ?!
            > ( i leave saturday). i'm sorry to miss the meeting (i absolutely
            loved
            > the last one!) but i'll look forward to reading the minutes.
            >
            > happy knitting! emily
          • Elaine
            Message 5 of 15 , May 4 12:50 PM
              it would be my first meeting! but if we're taking a vote, either night is okay, but the 17th works better for me!

              will there be a note on what to bring?

              Elaine
              Firestone

              >Let's see how many people would attend next week's meeting. If there's
              >not many, then let's reschedule for the following Thursday night! So,
              >if you are planning on attending this Thursday, speak up on email so we
              >can get a count.
              >I am following up with the permit for June's knit out. I don't think
              >there's much to be done, since it's a bring your own everything kind of
              >gathering. If people want to start emailing lists about it, that would
              >be great. I was wondering if we want to take some of the budget money
              >and buy about 10 pairs of size 8 Clover needles or something. We can
              >discuss it at June's meeting.
            • melanie Q
              Message 6 of 15 , May 4 1:19 PM
                I will not be able to make it to next week's meeting.  I was at last month's meeting and it was a lot of fun!  I love entrelac!

                Melanie

                Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                > Hey I won't be making it either. I fully planned on attending, but
                our
                > Sand Dunes camping trip for April got cancelled due to cold weather
                > the next possible weekend my husband could take off - beginning
                Thursday
                > the 10th. So I won't be there to take notes.
                > I really enjoyed our last meeting too.
                > -Diane
                > On May 3, 2007, at 12:58 PM, emily werner wrote:
                >
                > hi-ya there folks!
                >
                > i wanted to let ya'll know that i (The Binder Keeper) won't be able
                > attend the may meeting (of which you will be having a round-table
                > discussion of fair isle). i will be in Philadelphia attending the
                > funeral of my grandfather-in-law. If you think you may need the
                binder
                > for the meeting, let me know and we could try to arrange something ?!
                > ( i leave saturday). i'm sorry to miss the meeting (i absolutely
                loved
                > the last one!) but i'll look forward to reading the minutes.
                >
                > happy knitting! emily

              • Diane/Gary Carlson
                Message 7 of 15 , May 5 7:16 AM
                  Let's make a decision early next week to figure out if the Thursday
                  meeting goes on. Thanks Melanie and Elaine for speaking up!
                  Yes, we'll let you know what to bring...
                  -Diane
                  On May 4, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Elaine wrote:

                  it would be my first meeting! but if we're taking a vote, either night
                  is okay, but the 17th works better for me!

                  will there be a note on what to bring?

                  Elaine
                  Firestone

                  >Let's see how many people would attend next week's meeting. If there's
                  >not many, then let's reschedule for the following Thursday night! So,
                  >if you are planning on attending this Thursday, speak up on email so
                  we
                  >can get a count.
                  >I am following up with the permit for June's knit out. I don't think
                  >there's much to be done, since it's a bring your own everything kind
                  of
                  >gathering. If people want to start emailing lists about it, that would
                  >be great. I was wondering if we want to take some of the budget money
                  >and buy about 10 pairs of size 8 Clover needles or something. We can
                  >discuss it at June's meeting.
                • Penny Hause
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 9 9:39 AM
                    Hello, everyone,

                    I would be in favor of postponing until next week or cancelling and
                    doing the program in June.

                    Penny

                    Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                    > Let's make a decision early next week to figure out if the Thursday
                    > meeting goes on. Thanks Melanie and Elaine for speaking up!
                    > Yes, we'll let you know what to bring...
                    > -Diane
                  • Diane/Gary Carlson
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 9 10:08 AM
                      Let's postpone till next Thursday! Even if we don't get many people,
                      I'd still like to get out and knit with some people!
                      Can we make it official? Everyone send an "aye" email, even if you
                      can't attend next Thursday. I'd like to know if everyone got this so
                      we don't have people showing up tomorrow night and being disappointed
                      that nobody was there.
                      -diane

                      Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                      > Let's make a decision early next week to figure out if the Thursday
                      > meeting goes on. Thanks Melanie and Elaine for speaking up!
                      > Yes, we'll let you know what to bring...
                      > -Diane
                    • Penny Hause
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 9 10:38 AM
                        Aye.

                        Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:

                        > Let's postpone till next Thursday! Even if we don't get many people, I'd
                        > still like to get out and knit with some people!
                        > Can we make it official? Everyone send an "aye" email, even if you can't
                        > attend next Thursday. I'd like to know if everyone got this so we don't
                        > have people showing up tomorrow night and being disappointed that nobody
                        > was there.
                        > -diane
                      • Emily Aspenwall
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 9 11:38 AM
                          "aye"

                          and yes, i can attend on thursday may 17th. emily

                          >From: Penny Hause <phause@...>
                          >To: BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: Re: [BoulderHKG] May meeting
                          >Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 11:38:25 -0600
                          >
                          >Aye.
                          >
                          >Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                          >
                          > > Let's postpone till next Thursday! Even if we don't get many people, I'd
                          > > still like to get out and knit with some people!
                          > > Can we make it official? Everyone send an "aye" email, even if you can't
                          > > attend next Thursday. I'd like to know if everyone got this so we don't
                          > > have people showing up tomorrow night and being disappointed that nobody
                          > > was there.
                          > > -diane

                          Live Hotmail.
                        • Elaine
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 9 12:02 PM
                            aye! and I'm to bring ... ???

                            and the location's the same as the note from the groups calendar, right?

                            ;)

                            thanks!
                            Elaine
                            Firestone, CO

                            >Let's postpone till next Thursday! Even if we don't get many people,
                            >I'd still like to get out and knit with some people!
                            >Can we make it official? Everyone send an "aye" email, even if you
                            >can't attend next Thursday. I'd like to know if everyone got this so
                            >we don't have people showing up tomorrow night and being disappointed
                            >that nobody was there.
                            >-diane
                            >On May 9, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Penny Hause wrote:
                            >
                            >Hello, everyone,
                            >
                            > I would be in favor of postponing until next week or cancelling and
                            > doing the program in June.
                            >
                            > Penny
                            >
                            > Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                            > > Let's make a decision early next week to figure out if the Thursday
                            > > meeting goes on. Thanks Melanie and Elaine for speaking up!
                            > > Yes, we'll let you know what to bring...
                            > > -Diane

                          • Diane/Gary Carlson
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 9 2:08 PM
                              Hi Elaine,

                              The next meeting will be a round table discussion of Fair Isle
                              technique, so if you want to participate/demonstrate/discuss this,
                              bring two different colors of yarn, with needles that match the yarn
                              size. Anything will do. I just want to talk about how to hold yarns,
                              switch yarns, and carry/strand yarns. I can bring a little Fair Isle
                              pattern sample that we can make, if people want to. Also, just bring
                              something to knit if you don't want to participate or if you just want
                              to listen in!

                              So...it's official. Everyone, the next BHKG meeting will be on
                              Thursday the 17th, same place, same time - Border's on 29th Street
                              Market Place, cafe area, 6:30-8:30.
                              Diane
                              On May 9, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Elaine wrote:

                              aye! and I'm to bring ... ???

                              and the location's the same as the note from the groups calendar,
                              right?

                              ;)

                              thanks!
                              Elaine
                              Firestone, CO

                              >Let's postpone till next Thursday! Even if we don't get many people,
                              >I'd still like to get out and knit with some people!
                              >Can we make it official? Everyone send an "aye" email, even if you
                              >can't attend next Thursday. I'd like to know if everyone got this so
                              >we don't have people showing up tomorrow night and being disappointed
                              >that nobody was there.
                              >-diane
                              >On May 9, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Penny Hause wrote:
                              >
                              >Hello, everyone,
                              >
                              > I would be in favor of postponing until next week or cancelling and
                              > doing the program in June.
                              >
                              > Penny
                              >
                              > Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                              > > Let's make a decision early next week to figure out if the Thursday
                              > > meeting goes on. Thanks Melanie and Elaine for speaking up!
                              > > Yes, we'll let you know what to bring...
                              > > -Diane

                            • Jenifer Farrell
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 10 10:15 AM
                                I won't be able to make it tonight!  The husband has something he can't get out of, and Conor's soccer is from 6-7 ...  but I'll catch up with you all later --

                                Jenifer

                                --
                                Jenifer James Farrell

                                "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."  Mahatma Gandhi
                              • Jenifer Farrell
                                Message 15 of 15 , May 10 10:15 AM
                                  Ah ha ... just saw that note -- I'm not sure if I'll make it next week -- I have Parent/ Teacher conferences that night -- but I'll definitely catch up later either way --

                                  Jenifer