Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [BoulderHKG] denver guild notes

Expand Messages
  • Angela Lucero
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!! Emily Aspenwall wrote: Emily, can you print out this Denver Guild newsletter and put it in the ... it s a
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!! 

      Emily Aspenwall <easpenwall@...> wrote:
      >Emily, can you print out this Denver Guild newsletter and put it in the
      >binder to refer to at the next meeting? (Which is coming up on
      >Thursday the 8th...)

      it's a good thing we think a like, i printed it off for the binder at the
      same time i was forwarding it to ya'll! i really like the yarn swap idea- it
      would be easy enough to do at a meeting. i also like the dyed yarn swap idea
      as well-- if those that wanted to participate brought a dyed skein, then we
      could just swap them at the meeting. and the trinket idea would be fun too!
      grand ideas all around! well done!

      emily

      >From: Diane/Gary Carlson
      >Reply-To: BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com
      >To: BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [BoulderHKG] denver guild notes
      >Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:23:29 -0700
      >
      >Thanks Emily, there's some good ideas in there. I was wondering if
      >anyone wants to plan a yarn swap for one of the meetings, or maybe
      >something where you dye your own skein of yarn and trade it with others
      >who have done the same? There's also an idea where you can roll your
      >skein into a ball, and as you're doing it, put little goodies in there
      >for people to find as they are knitting with the yarn. Anyone
      >interested in either of those ideas?
      >Emily, can you print out this Denver Guild newsletter and put it in the
      >binder to refer to at the next meeting? (Which is coming up on
      >Thursday the 8th...)
      >-Diane
      >On Feb 26, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Emily Aspenwall wrote:
      >
      >i thought this might be of some interest to our guild for some ideas--
      >cause
      >we don't really need to reinvent the wheel now do we? It's from the
      >Denver
      >Guild.
      >
      >emily
      >
      >Dear Fellow Knitter,
      >
      >We have reached the end of another fiscal year. This provides the
      >opportunity to review the past year and plan for the next year.
      >
      >The goal of the Guild for the year was to stimulate growth by
      >increasing the visibility of the Guild in the community. To achieve
      >this goal we:
      >- Distributed the Guild flyers at local yarn shops
      >- Advertised the Guild on various web sites
      >- Participated in the Western Welcome Week
      >- Set up a window display in the Englewood library
      >- Ordered totes with the Guild logo
      >
      >We will review the programs presented during the year at the next
      >meeting. We will get feedback on the content and suggestions for the
      >upcoming year. They programs presented were as follows:
      >- March - The planned session on Design with Steve Garcia did not
      >come to fruition. We used the time to setup the
      >committees for the year.
      >- April - Lorraine Goris could not make the meeting to discuss
      >Fibers. We introduced the Afghan knitting project and
      >received feedback from the committees.
      >- May - Marilyn King did a presentation on Gauge.
      >- June - We had round table discussions on: Seams by Judy Pearce,
      >Steeks by Mary Beth Reed, Buttonholes by Pieter Strydom.
      >- July - Amy Clarke Moore did a presentation on Spinning.
      >- August - Jan Dalton did a presentation on Color.
      >- September - Lisa Kent demonstrated the Aloha long tail cast on.
      >- October - Ann Fletcher led a discussion on Easy holiday craft
      >ideas.
      >- November - Susan Armitage did a presentation on Mosaic knitting.
      >- December – The Gift exchange took place in January due to the
      >severe snow storm.
      >- January - Connie Nelsen did a presentation on Plant and other
      >fibers.
      >
      >The Nominating committee presented the nominees for the officer
      >positions to the Guild at the last meeting. The officers that will be
      >leading the Guild for the next year will be made official at the
      >February meeting; no further nominations will be requested from the
      >floor at this meeting.
      >
      >Last year we assigned committees and coordinators to assist in the
      >operation of the Guild. Thank you to all who served in these
      >positions. The committee members and coordinators will be relieved
      >from their duties at the next meeting. The new officers will announce
      >any committees they elect to create during their term. To acknowledge
      >the efforts of the members that served in these positions, the
      >following is a list of the participants:
      >
      >- Education Program Committee
      >Ann Fletcher (Leader), Mary Landauer, Jan Dalton, Susan Katz,
      >Marilyn King, Cathy Ott
      >- Events Committee
      >Judy Pearce (Leader), Marybeth Anderson, Susanne Schei, Diana
      >Edstrom
      >- By-Laws Committee
      >Pieter Strydom (Leader), Mary Ann Conner, Susan Armitage
      >- Nominating Committee
      >Mary Sloan (Leader), Mary Landauer
      >- Knitting Project Coordinators
      >Samantha Sandoval, Trish Johns, Cathy Ott
      >- Guild Library Book Coordinator
      >Trish Johns
      >- Community Knitting Coordinator
      >Sonja Broom
      >- Refreshments Coordinator
      >Tanis Doyle
      >
      >I want to tank Virginia Stiponovich for designing the Guild logo and
      >providing different formats for the Guild flier, the Guild banner and
      >the totes. Thanks to the members that assisted at the Western Welcome
      >week and the Library window display. Lastly, I want to thank the
      >members that attended the meetings throughout the last year.
      >
      >The next meeting will be on Wednesday, February 28. Items on the
      >agenda are: finalizing the voting on the Bylaws changes, a discussion
      >on increasing the dues and a discussion on changing the Guild
      >meetings to the second Wednesday of the month.
      >
      >We have received the totes with the Guild logo and members who renew
      >their dues will receive the Guild tote as part of their membership.
      >
      >I hope to see you at this important meeting of the Guild to assist in
      >planning for the next year and to meet the new officers of the Guild.
      >
      >With best regards,
      >Pieter Strydom
      >
      >_________________________________________________________________
      >Win a Zune™—make MSN® your homepage for your chance to win!
      >http://homepage.msn.com/zune?icid=hmetagline
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >

      _________________________________________________________________
      The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by Experian.
      http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=660600&bcd=EMAILFOOTERAVERAGE



      ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
      Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/PTTolB/TM
      --------------------------------------------------------------------~->


      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoulderHKG/

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoulderHKG/join
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:BoulderHKG-digest@yahoogroups.com
      mailto:BoulderHKG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
      BoulderHKG-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



      No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go
      with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.

    • Jenifer Farrell
      You guys rock ... I can t wait to talk about all of these ideas at the next meeting. Jenifer http://jeniferknits.blogspot.com ... -- Jenifer James Farrell We
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        You guys rock ... I can't wait to talk about all of these ideas at the next meeting.

        Jenifer
        http://jeniferknits.blogspot.com

        On 2/28/07, Diane/Gary Carlson <dg3909@...> wrote:

        Thanks Emily, you're so organized! I'll print up the bylaws and rules
        for TKGA for the next meeting too. We can put it on the agenda to
        discuss when we want to do the yarn swap/yarn dye thing, if at all...
        -Diane


        On Feb 28, 2007, at 4:12 PM, Emily Aspenwall wrote:

        > Emily, can you print out this Denver Guild newsletter and put it in the
        > binder to refer to at the next meeting? (Which is coming up on
        > Thursday the 8th...)

        it's a good thing we think a like, i printed it off for the binder at
        the
        same time i was forwarding it to ya'll! i really like the yarn swap
        idea- it
        would be easy enough to do at a meeting. i also like the dyed yarn swap
        idea
        as well-- if those that wanted to participate brought a dyed skein,
        then we
        could just swap them at the meeting. and the trinket idea would be fun
        too!
        grand ideas all around! well done!

        emily

        > From: Diane/Gary Carlson <dg3909@...>
        > Reply-To: BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com
        > To: BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [BoulderHKG] denver guild notes
        > Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:23:29 -0700
        >
        > Thanks Emily, there's some good ideas in there. I was wondering if
        > anyone wants to plan a yarn swap for one of the meetings, or maybe
        > something where you dye your own skein of yarn and trade it with others
        > who have done the same? There's also an idea where you can roll your
        > skein into a ball, and as you're doing it, put little goodies in there
        > for people to find as they are knitting with the yarn. Anyone
        > interested in either of those ideas?
        > Emily, can you print out this Denver Guild newsletter and put it in the
        > binder to refer to at the next meeting? (Which is coming up on
        > Thursday the 8th...)
        > -Diane
        > On Feb 26, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Emily Aspenwall wrote:
        >
        > i thought this might be of some interest to our guild for some ideas--
        > cause
        > we don't really need to reinvent the wheel now do we? It's from the
        > Denver
        > Guild.
        >
        > emily
        >
        > Dear Fellow Knitter,
        >
        > We have reached the end of another fiscal year. This provides the
        > opportunity to review the past year and plan for the next year.
        >
        > The goal of the Guild for the year was to stimulate growth by
        > increasing the visibility of the Guild in the community. To achieve
        > this goal we:
        > - Distributed the Guild flyers at local yarn shops
        > - Advertised the Guild on various web sites
        > - Participated in the Western Welcome Week
        > - Set up a window display in the Englewood library
        > - Ordered totes with the Guild logo
        >
        > We will review the programs presented during the year at the next
        > meeting. We will get feedback on the content and suggestions for the
        > upcoming year. They programs presented were as follows:
        > - March - The planned session on Design with Steve Garcia did not
        > come to fruition. We used the time to setup the
        > committees for the year.
        > - April - Lorraine Goris could not make the meeting to discuss
        > Fibers. We introduced the Afghan knitting project and
        > received feedback from the committees.
        > - May - Marilyn King did a presentation on Gauge.
        > - June - We had round table discussions on: Seams by Judy Pearce,
        > Steeks by Mary Beth Reed, Buttonholes by Pieter Strydom.
        > - July - Amy Clarke Moore did a presentation on Spinning.
        > - August - Jan Dalton did a presentation on Color.
        > - September - Lisa Kent demonstrated the Aloha long tail cast on.
        > - October - Ann Fletcher led a discussion on Easy holiday craft
        > ideas.
        > - November - Susan Armitage did a presentation on Mosaic knitting.
        > - December – The Gift exchange took place in January due to the
        > severe snow storm.
        > - January - Connie Nelsen did a presentation on Plant and other
        > fibers.
        >
        > The Nominating committee presented the nominees for the officer
        > positions to the Guild at the last meeting. The officers that will be
        > leading the Guild for the next year will be made official at the
        > February meeting; no further nominations will be requested from the
        > floor at this meeting.
        >
        > Last year we assigned committees and coordinators to assist in the
        > operation of the Guild. Thank you to all who served in these
        > positions. The committee members and coordinators will be relieved
        > from their duties at the next meeting. The new officers will announce
        > any committees they elect to create during their term. To acknowledge
        > the efforts of the members that served in these positions, the
        > following is a list of the participants:
        >
        > - Education Program Committee
        > Ann Fletcher (Leader), Mary Landauer, Jan Dalton, Susan Katz,
        > Marilyn King, Cathy Ott
        > - Events Committee
        > Judy Pearce (Leader), Marybeth Anderson, Susanne Schei, Diana
        > Edstrom
        > - By-Laws Committee
        > Pieter Strydom (Leader), Mary Ann Conner, Susan Armitage
        > - Nominating Committee
        > Mary Sloan (Leader), Mary Landauer
        > - Knitting Project Coordinators
        > Samantha Sandoval, Trish Johns, Cathy Ott
        > - Guild Library Book Coordinator
        > Trish Johns
        > - Community Knitting Coordinator
        > Sonja Broom
        > - Refreshments Coordinator
        > Tanis Doyle
        >
        > I want to tank Virginia Stiponovich for designing the Guild logo and
        > providing different formats for the Guild flier, the Guild banner and
        > the totes. Thanks to the members that assisted at the Western Welcome
        > week and the Library window display. Lastly, I want to thank the
        > members that attended the meetings throughout the last year.
        >
        > The next meeting will be on Wednesday, February 28. Items on the
        > agenda are: finalizing the voting on the Bylaws changes, a discussion
        > on increasing the dues and a discussion on changing the Guild
        > meetings to the second Wednesday of the month.
        >
        > We have received the totes with the Guild logo and members who renew
        > their dues will receive the Guild tote as part of their membership.
        >
        > I hope to see you at this important meeting of the Guild to assist in
        > planning for the next year and to meet the new officers of the Guild.
        >
        > With best regards,
        > Pieter Strydom
        >
        > __________________________________________________________
        > Win a Zune™—make MSN® your homepage for your chance to win!
        > http://homepage.msn.com/zune?icid=hmetagline
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >

        __________________________________________________________
        The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by
        Experian.
        http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?
        sc=660600&bcd=EMAILFOOTERAVERAGE

        Yahoo! Groups Links




        --
        Jenifer James Farrell

        "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."  Mahatma Gandhi
      • Jenifer Farrell
        Oh, and PS -- forgot to mention I just got my first spinning wheel! :) Woo hoo. Anyone ever used Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino roving? It s so
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          Oh, and PS -- forgot to mention I just got my first spinning wheel! :)  Woo hoo.

          Anyone ever used Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino roving?  It's so to-die-for.

          Jenifer
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.