Meeting?

  • Diane/Gary Carlson
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 4 9:54 AM
      Hey everyone, I just now noticed our December meeting is tomorrow! Is
      anyone planning on going? Please check in with me if you will be
      there. I don't want to drive in to Boulder if nobody's going to come.
      I know it's right before the holidays, so I imagine we are all doing
      things before the holidays. I will go though if people will be there.
      Borders...6:30-8:30 or so? Tara mentioned a place that might be
      better, called Allison's, and from what she said, it's right across the
      street from Border's, and anyway, Border's is rumored to be closing
      soon.

      I'd like to chat a bit about our January meeting. I'd like to maybe
      change the day we meet, and maybe that will attract more members, or
      get some of our "old" members to come again. I'd also like to make the
      January meeting a big one, where we discuss a number of things.
      1. How to get more members
      2. Do we need to elect officers?
      3. Dues, have them or not?
      4. Do we want to do more programs/workshops/field trips this coming
      year?
      5. Knit Out - can we make it better, or keep it the same?
      6. Do we want to make some kind of pamphlet/info page about us, with a
      mission statement, goals, etc? (Like the Denver Knitting Guild.)
      7. Do we need to work a bit more on our web page?
      8. What exactly IS a guild?

      Those are just a few things on my mind for January...
      -Diane
    • Emily Aspenwall
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 4 12:45 PM
        Hi Diane! Thanks for the GREAT email! i definately agree about all the
        topics you want to discuss in January. I would highly suggest that AS MANY
        PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE make a HUGE effort to attend the meeting at it will be
        very important! Hey, what date is the January meeting-- does it interfer
        with New Year's? Make a BIG FAT announcement.

        As for moving to Allisons. I hear they close at 8:00 -- or at least have
        tinkered with their hours in the past and can make it a pain. Also, I hear
        it is dark at night and not ideal for knitting-- so i have heard from others
        knitters. I want to say something about the crowds and noise, but i may be
        making that up. My vote would not be for Allisons. But lets keep the talk up
        (I think Borders is moving to the 29th St mall.).

        As for my personal attendance for December: since we have real business for
        January and i'd sort of like to be home, i think i am going to pass on the
        December meeting. I will DEFINATELY be there for January.

        Thanks for all of your involvement, the wonderful email and the effort to
        keep the Guild going. I appreciate it!

        emily

        >From: Diane/Gary Carlson <dg3909@...>
        >To: BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [BoulderHKG] Meeting?
        >Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:54:59 -0700
        >
        >Hey everyone, I just now noticed our December meeting is tomorrow! Is
        >anyone planning on going? Please check in with me if you will be
        >there. I don't want to drive in to Boulder if nobody's going to come.
        >I know it's right before the holidays, so I imagine we are all doing
        >things before the holidays. I will go though if people will be there.
        >Borders...6:30-8:30 or so? Tara mentioned a place that might be
        >better, called Allison's, and from what she said, it's right across the
        >street from Border's, and anyway, Border's is rumored to be closing
        >soon.
        >
        >I'd like to chat a bit about our January meeting. I'd like to maybe
        >change the day we meet, and maybe that will attract more members, or
        >get some of our "old" members to come again. I'd also like to make the
        >January meeting a big one, where we discuss a number of things.
        >1. How to get more members
        >2. Do we need to elect officers?
        >3. Dues, have them or not?
        >4. Do we want to do more programs/workshops/field trips this coming
        >year?
        >5. Knit Out - can we make it better, or keep it the same?
        >6. Do we want to make some kind of pamphlet/info page about us, with a
        >mission statement, goals, etc? (Like the Denver Knitting Guild.)
        >7. Do we need to work a bit more on our web page?
        >8. What exactly IS a guild?
        >
        >Those are just a few things on my mind for January...
        >-Diane

        WIN up to $10,000 in cash or prizes � enter the Microsoft Office Live
        Sweepstakes http://clk..atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0050001581mrt/direct/01/
      • Diane/Gary Carlson
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 4 1:11 PM
          Okay, I hear ya about Allisons. Border's it will be for tomorrow
          night's meeting, if anyone is going to come. Speak up!
          I wouldn't mind moving the meetings to the 29th Steet Marketplace
          Borders. It would actually be a wee bit closer to me. We can discuss
          that in January.
          Also, any of you "listeners" out there, it's time to talk! Tell me,
          us, everyone, what you want out of the guild. I will keep a notebook
          of comments for the meeting in January. We need to figure out, online
          first, when we want it to be held, and where. It would normally fall
          on Tuesday, January 2nd, but we can move it to the middle of the month
          so we're not all still celebrating or out of town!

          Thanks for the response, Emily, and how was your Knitting Event on
          Saturday?
          -Diane

        • Penny Hause
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 4 4:10 PM
            I second just about everything Emily said.

            If a number of people are gung ho about meeting tomorrow, I could get
            there but I'm not very enthusiastic.

            I've never been to Allison's, but I think I've heard the same things she
            has, so would vote no on that.

            January 2 would be fine with me for a meeting date, weather permitting.
            But would some of the non-attenders please speak up and say if another
            day of the week or different time would get them to attend. Or if
            they're just fed up with it all or too busy and maybe we should lay the
            Guild down. It's hard to keep an organization going when you have only
            maybe four regular attenders.

            Diane, thanks for your enthusiasm and for keeping us organized.

            Penny
            (who just bought a bag of black, gray, and white lambs wool fleece
            at the Handweavers Guild sale, like she needed any more bags of
            fleece to spin, ha)
          • Kristen Wagner
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 4 4:36 PM
              HI

              I just started a new job today and I could try and meet tomorrow but it
              depends on how long I am at work. I have a meeting late in the afternoon.
              I could easily make the 2nd. PROMISE! I might also be able to make some
              knitting get togethers in a few weeks after my classes end and if I do I
              will bring the baggie so I can refund people. Sorry to be such a knitting
              loser!!

              >From: Penny Hause <phause@...>
              >To: BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [BoulderHKG] Meeting?
              >Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:10:16 -0700
              >
              >I second just about everything Emily said.
              >
              >If a number of people are gung ho about meeting tomorrow, I could get
              >there but I'm not very enthusiastic.
              >
              >I've never been to Allison's, but I think I've heard the same things she
              >has, so would vote no on that.
              >
              >January 2 would be fine with me for a meeting date, weather permitting.
              >But would some of the non-attenders please speak up and say if another
              >day of the week or different time would get them to attend. Or if
              >they're just fed up with it all or too busy and maybe we should lay the
              >Guild down. It's hard to keep an organization going when you have only
              >maybe four regular attenders.
              >
              >Diane, thanks for your enthusiasm and for keeping us organized.
              >
              >Penny
              >(who just bought a bag of black, gray, and white lambs wool fleece
              >at the Handweavers Guild sale, like she needed any more bags of
              >fleece to spin, ha)

              Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered
              by Pandora http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001
            • Diane/Gary Carlson
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 4 8:17 PM
                Let's just skip December's meeting and go right to January, Kristen.
                No sense in knocking yourself out to try to make it tomorrow night.
                Unless... any others wanting to go?

                I'd still like to hear from others if you are at all interested in the
                Guild, and would like to attend January's meeting.

                I agree with Penny, it is hard to keep an organization going with only
                a few members. For me, I'd like to either get it going again, or lay
                it down.
                -Diane
                On Dec 4, 2006, at 5:36 PM, Kristen Wagner wrote:

                > HI
                >
                > I just started a new job today and I could try and meet tomorrow but
                > it
                > depends on how long I am at work. I have a meeting late in the
                > afternoon.
                > I could easily make the 2nd. PROMISE! I might also be able to make
                > some
                > knitting get togethers in a few weeks after my classes end and if I
                > do I
                > will bring the baggie so I can refund people. Sorry to be such a
                > knitting
                > loser!!
                >
                > >From: Penny Hause <phause@...>
                > >To: BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: Re: [BoulderHKG] Meeting?
                > >Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:10:16 -0700
                > >
                > >I second just about everything Emily said.
                > >
                > >If a number of people are gung ho about meeting tomorrow, I could get
                > >there but I'm not very enthusiastic.
                > >
                > >I've never been to Allison's, but I think I've heard the same things
                > she
                > >has, so would vote no on that.
                > >
                > >January 2 would be fine with me for a meeting date, weather
                > permitting.
                > >But would some of the non-attenders please speak up and say if
                > another
                > >day of the week or different time would get them to attend. Or if
                > >they're just fed up with it all or too busy and maybe we should lay
                > the
                > >Guild down. It's hard to keep an organization going when you have
                > only
                > >maybe four regular attenders.
                > >
                > >Diane, thanks for your enthusiasm and for keeping us organized.
                > >
                > >Penny
                > >(who just bought a bag of black, gray, and white lambs wool fleece
                > >at the Handweavers Guild sale, like she needed any more bags of
                > >fleece to spin, ha)

                > Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio
                > powered
                > by Pandora http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001

              • Chris
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 5 8:01 AM
                  I'm afraid I qualify as a listener. I live in Longmont and bus to
                  work in Boulder. Since I never remember to drive on the designated
                  Tuesday, I haven't managed to attend and properly join. If you have a
                  meeting in January, I will be there. Despite my screen name, I do
                  knit ;)

                  Chris
                • Diane/Gary Carlson
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 5 9:05 AM
                    Hi Chris,
                    We'll look forward to meeting you in January. Keep up with the emails
                    for the time and date. So far it's January 2nd.
                    I'm from Longmont too!
                    -Diane
                    On Dec 5, 2006, at 9:01 AM, Chris wrote:

                    > I'm afraid I qualify as a listener. I live in Longmont and bus to
                    > work in Boulder. Since I never remember to drive on the designated
                    > Tuesday, I haven't managed to attend and properly join. If you have a
                    > meeting in January, I will be there. Despite my screen name, I do
                    > knit ;)
                    >
                    > Chris

                  • Alex Ware DeWolfe
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 5 9:27 AM
                      > I'd still like to hear from others if you are at all interested in
                      > the Guild, and would like to attend January's meeting.

                      I'm still interested and was planning to be there in January, but I
                      can predict that my attendance and ability to be involved in Guild
                      events will drop off rapidly once the baby arrives, so I'm probably
                      not a reliable long-term member.

                      -alex
                    • Jenifer Farrell
                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 5 10:07 AM
                        If I could come tonight, it'd be at the very end -- my husband is still taking the Tues night classes. (Ugh!)  So, I won't make it, as just announced ...

                        I would much much rather meet at the 29th St Borders -- it's much closer for me, and it makes the difference between it taking 10 minutes and 25 minutes to make it to a meeting.  (Important if I'm coming after my husband gets home!)

                        It looks like the first Tues in January is Jan. 2 -- so let's keep the date?  I tentatively think that I foresee no issues! (What a shock!)

                        Penny ... I'm wishing you hadn't posted about your purchases ... now I'm going to have to try to stop by as well.  :)

                        Hope everyone is well --

                        Jenifer

                        --
                        Jenifer James Farrell

                        "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."  Mahatma Gandhi
                      • Diane/Gary Carlson
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 5 10:11 AM
                          We understand completely!
                          -Diane
                          On Dec 5, 2006, at 10:27 AM, Alex Ware DeWolfe wrote:

                          > > I'd still like to hear from others if you are at all interested in
                          > > the Guild, and would like to attend January's meeting.
                          >
                          > I'm still interested and was planning to be there in January, but I
                          > can predict that my attendance and ability to be involved in Guild
                          > events will drop off rapidly once the baby arrives, so I'm probably
                          > not a reliable long-term member.
                          >
                          > -alex

                        • Jennifer
                          Message 12 of 22 , Dec 5 10:19 AM
                            Hi -
                            I'm a luker here, too. I'm also in Longmont and I'd be interested in
                            future meetings, but I'll be out of town on the 2nd of January. I think
                            I met Diane at the Knit Out in Boulder, I was there with my hubby and
                            two kids for just a little while.

                            -Jennifer
                            On Dec 5, 2006, at 11:11 AM, Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:

                            > We understand completely!
                            > -Diane
                            > On Dec 5, 2006, at 10:27 AM, Alex Ware DeWolfe wrote:
                            >
                            >> > I'd still like to hear from others if you are at all interested in
                            >> > the Guild, and would like to attend January's meeting.
                            >>
                            >> I'm still interested and was planning to be there in January, but I
                            >> can predict that my attendance and ability to be involved in Guild
                            >> events will drop off rapidly once the baby arrives, so I'm probably
                            >> not a reliable long-term member.
                            >>
                            >> -alex

                          • Diane/Gary Carlson
                            Message 13 of 22 , Dec 5 10:26 AM
                              Thanks for your reply, Jenifer. It's looking like there won't be a
                              meeting tonight, because just you and Kristen said you could either try
                              to make it or get there at the very end. Unless I get 6 emails by 3:00
                              today saying people will be there, I'm not going.

                              Let's make the January meeting at the 29th street Borders then! That
                              will be nice for the Longmont/Louisville members as well. If you can
                              make the 2nd, then it's looking like we'll do it then, with the first
                              order of business being what day of the week to make the meetings to
                              accommodate as many people as we can. I'll send out a reminder before
                              then.

                              On another note, if anyone is interested in checking out the "Butt-Ugly
                              Ball Of Yarn", go to my blog:
                              www.turboknitting.blogspot.com
                              I'd like to have feedback on what to do with it, and see if anybody has
                              anything uglier!
                              -Diane

                              Message 14 of 22 , Dec 5 10:47 AM
                                Hi Jennifer,
                                thanks for checking in! I remember you from the Knit Out - what little
                                of it we had!
                                As for the date, it's still looking like the majority can make it on
                                the 2nd, but keep in touch if it needs to change, and also give your
                                opinions during this month leading up to the meeting. It's everyone's
                                guild, and if you want to have a say, here's your chance!
                                -Diane
                                On Dec 5, 2006, at 11:19 AM, Jennifer wrote:

                                > Hi -
                                > I'm a luker here, too. I'm also in Longmont and I'd be interested in
                                > future meetings, but I'll be out of town on the 2nd of January. I
                                > think I met Diane at the Knit Out in Boulder, I was there with my
                                > hubby and two kids for just a little while.
                                >
                                > -Jennifer
                                > On Dec 5, 2006, at 11:11 AM, Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                                >
                                >> We understand completely!
                                >> -Diane

                                >>> I'm still interested and was planning to be there in January, but I
                                >>> can predict that my attendance and ability to be involved in Guild
                                >>> events will drop off rapidly once the baby arrives, so I'm probably
                                >>> not a reliable long-term member.
                                >>>
                                >>> -alex

                              • Jaime B
                                Message 15 of 22 , Dec 5 11:42 AM
                                  Well I have yet to attend a meeting, just because I have to go all the way back to Longmont and then all the way back to Boulder, not a huge jaunt but it's hard with the kid sometimes...

                                  Is anyone interested in a weekend meeting time?  Just tossing a monkey wrench in... :)

                                  BTW, Saturday was great...thanks again Emily!!

                                  BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                                  **Jaime**

                                  "Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."
                                  - Oscar Wilde's last words

                                • Diane/Gary Carlson
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Dec 5 12:11 PM
                                    Hi Jaime,
                                    We'll definitely put a Saturday meeting up for vote at the January
                                    meeting. I'd be interested in that too. Something about knitting at
                                    night, and we're all tired, etc. Plus some of us with kids could
                                    bring them and we'd have a lot more options for meeting places. We'll
                                    see.
                                    Thanks!
                                    -Diane
                                    On Dec 5, 2006, at 12:42 PM, Jaime B wrote:

                                    > Well I have yet to attend a meeting, just because I have to go all the
                                    > way back to Longmont and then all the way back to Boulder, not a huge
                                    > jaunt but it's hard with the kid sometimes...
                                    >
                                    > Is anyone interested in a weekend meeting time?  Just tossing a monkey
                                    > wrench in... :)
                                    >
                                    > BTW, Saturday was great...thanks again Emily!!
                                    >
                                    > BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                                    >

                                    > **Jaime**
                                    >
                                    > "Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."
                                    > - Oscar Wilde's last words
                                    >
                                    > Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

                                  • Penny Hause
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Dec 5 2:41 PM
                                      Jenifer Farrell wrote:

                                      > I would much much rather meet at the 29th St Borders -- it's much closer
                                      > for me, and it makes the difference between it taking 10 minutes and 25
                                      > minutes to make it to a meeting. (Important if I'm coming after my
                                      > husband gets home!)

                                      The friendly Borders clerk I just spoke to on the phone says the 29th St
                                      Borders will be open Jan. 20 at the earliest.

                                      > Penny ... I'm wishing you hadn't posted about your purchases ... now I'm
                                      > going to have to try to stop by as well. :)

                                      I'm scheduled to be working on the sales floor tomorrow morning (Wed.)
                                      from 10 to 2:15, so if you were free you could come and harass me. I was
                                      there on Monday, and a lot of stuff had sold, but there was still a lot
                                      of interesting stuff to look at. Some gorgeous things in the Members'
                                      Showcase, which is a sort of small juried show. Your kids might enjoy
                                      seeing/trying weaving on the looms in the Demonstration area.

                                      As for my purchase, I am rather discouraged trying to get all the
                                      vegetable matter out of my lovely soft lambswool. There's a good reason
                                      the already processed roving is more expensive!

                                      Penny
                                    • Diane/Gary Carlson
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Dec 5 5:41 PM
                                        Hi Penny,
                                        We may come and check out the Handweaver's Guild show tomorrow.
                                        As for the Borders, thanks for looking into that. I could have sworn
                                        that whole place was up and running by now. Is there anything else at
                                        that marketplace where we could meet? I like the idea of having it
                                        there.
                                        Anybody been there?
                                        Maybe a coffee shop would do for the first meeting.
                                        -Diane
                                        On Dec 5, 2006, at 3:41 PM, Penny Hause wrote:

                                        > Jenifer Farrell wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > I would much much rather meet at the 29th St Borders -- it's much
                                        > closer
                                        > > for me, and it makes the difference between it taking 10 minutes
                                        > and 25
                                        > > minutes to make it to a meeting. (Important if I'm coming after my
                                        > > husband gets home!)
                                        >
                                        > The friendly Borders clerk I just spoke to on the phone says the 29th
                                        > St
                                        > Borders will be open Jan. 20 at the earliest.
                                        > >
                                        > > Penny ... I'm wishing you hadn't posted about your purchases ...
                                        > now I'm
                                        > > going to have to try to stop by as well. :)
                                        >
                                        > I'm scheduled to be working on the sales floor tomorrow morning (Wed.)
                                        > from 10 to 2:15, so if you were free you could come and harass me. I
                                        > was
                                        > there on Monday, and a lot of stuff had sold, but there was still a
                                        > lot
                                        > of interesting stuff to look at. Some gorgeous things in the Members'
                                        > Showcase, which is a sort of small juried show. Your kids might enjoy
                                        > seeing/trying weaving on the looms in the Demonstration area.
                                        >
                                        > As for my purchase, I am rather discouraged trying to get all the
                                        > vegetable matter out of my lovely soft lambswool. There's a good
                                        > reason
                                        > the already processed roving is more expensive!
                                        >
                                        > Penny

                                      • Emily Aspenwall
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Dec 6 6:20 AM
                                          >Is there anything else at that marketplace where we could meet? I like the
                                          >idea of having it there.

                                          -- There is Peet's Coffee, Starbucks, and Panera Bread(which i think has
                                          booths and may not be an ideal seating arrangement.) My vote would be Peet's
                                          for the evening. We should probably check to see what time they close in the
                                          evening.

                                          emily

                                          >From: Diane/Gary Carlson <dg3909@...>
                                          >To: BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com
                                          >Subject: Re: [BoulderHKG] Meeting?
                                          >Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:41:39 -0700
                                          >
                                          >Hi Penny,
                                          >We may come and check out the Handweaver's Guild show tomorrow.
                                          >As for the Borders, thanks for looking into that. I could have sworn that
                                          >whole place was up and running by now. Is there anything else at that
                                          >marketplace where we could meet? I like the idea of having it there.
                                          >Anybody been there?
                                          >Maybe a coffee shop would do for the first meeting.
                                          >-Diane
                                          >On Dec 5, 2006, at 3:41 PM, Penny Hause wrote:
                                          >
                                          >>Jenifer Farrell wrote:
                                          >>
                                          >> > I would much much rather meet at the 29th St Borders -- it's much
                                          >>closer
                                          >> > for me, and it makes the difference between it taking 10 minutes and
                                          >>25
                                          >> > minutes to make it to a meeting. (Important if I'm coming after my
                                          >> > husband gets home!)
                                          >>
                                          >> The friendly Borders clerk I just spoke to on the phone says the 29th St
                                          >> Borders will be open Jan. 20 at the earliest.
                                          >> >
                                          >> > Penny ... I'm wishing you hadn't posted about your purchases ... now
                                          >>I'm
                                          >> > going to have to try to stop by as well. :)
                                          >>
                                          >> I'm scheduled to be working on the sales floor tomorrow morning (Wed.)
                                          >> from 10 to 2:15, so if you were free you could come and harass me. I was
                                          >> there on Monday, and a lot of stuff had sold, but there was still a lot
                                          >> of interesting stuff to look at. Some gorgeous things in the Members'
                                          >> Showcase, which is a sort of small juried show. Your kids might enjoy
                                          >> seeing/trying weaving on the looms in the Demonstration area.
                                          >>
                                          >> As for my purchase, I am rather discouraged trying to get all the
                                          >> vegetable matter out of my lovely soft lambswool. There's a good reason
                                          >> the already processed roving is more expensive!
                                          >>
                                          >> Penny

                                        • Diane/Gary Carlson
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Dec 6 7:27 AM
                                            Thanks, Emily.
                                            The Longmont Knits group meets at Panera's here in Longmont, and they
                                            have a back room with tables. We could call the one in Boulder and
                                            see, if Peet's Coffee closes early. I'll make some phone calls today -
                                            if I get anywhere with it. I don't have a new Boulder Phone book
                                            laying around.
                                            -Diane

                                          • Emily Aspenwall
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Dec 6 8:54 PM
                                              Oh, another place we could hold the January meeting is Barnes and Noble on
                                              28th near the Whole Foods. They have a cafe area, with table and are open
                                              until 11pm.

                                              just a thought!
> [...]

                                              > >> I'd like to chat a bit about our January meeting. I'd like to maybe
                                              > >> change the day we meet, and maybe that will attract more members, or
                                              > >> get some of our "old" members to come again. I'd also like to make
                                              > >> the
                                              > >> January meeting a big one, where we discuss a number of things.
                                              > >> 1. How to get more members
                                              > >> 2. Do we need to elect officers?
                                              > >> 3. Dues, have them or not?
                                              > >> 4. Do we want to do more programs/workshops/field trips this coming
                                              > >> year?
                                              > >> 5. Knit Out - can we make it better, or keep it the same?
                                              > >> 6. Do we want to make some kind of pamphlet/info page about us, with
                                              > >> mission statement, goals, etc? (Like the Denver Knitting Guild.)
                                              > >> 7. Do we need to work a bit more on our web page?
                                              > >> 8. What exactly IS a guild?
                                              > >>
                                              > >> Those are just a few things on my mind for January...

                                              View Athlete�s Collections with Live Search
                                              http://sportmaps.live.com/index.html?source=hmemailtaglinenov06&FORM=MGAC01
                                            • Diane/Gary Carlson
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Dec 7 7:36 AM
                                                Hi Emily, thanks!
                                                Barnes and Noble would be fine, and they've got a great selection of
                                                knitting books!
                                                We can have the meeting there, unless anybody wants someplace better or
                                                has an objection to B&N...
                                                -Diane