info for next Tuesday meeting

  • Jenifer Farrell
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hello everyone!

      It feels like forever since I've had a chance to catch up with you all in person!  Thanks to everyone for keeping all the others (and myself!) up to date via emails.

      Alas, I thought that when I gave up my night job last year for my day job this year I'd be able to make more meetings ... as it is, my husband (who just finished his master's, remember?) is now embarking on an ESL endorsement, and it looks like his classes will take place on Tuesdays from 4:00 - 7:00.  So,  it might still be difficult for me to attend meetings.  :(

      However, I hope to at least make the second half of next Tuesday's meeting!  In case I don't show, though, here's what I have to report:

      * I'm set on bringing food etc. to the knit-out.  I won't have tables ... is somebody in charge of those?  Tara?

      * Do we have a poster to announce our group (like last year's?  is it still in your trunk Kristen? :)?  I can make another one if we need to.

      * I just sent out an email to the internet groups ... was I going to make other internet contacts?  That's all that I've done.

      * I also have those flyers from last year stating all the local information, and some basic start-up info for people (internet sites, basic books).  I'll modify them to work for this year's knit-out as well.  Did somebody (Emily or Alex?) say they were going to make a flyer with the basic knit and purl stitches?  If so, I'll email you the books and internet sites to add to that flyer if you have space.  Just let me know, or else I'll keep that info on my flyer.  (I'm thinking of two separate flyers -- one that's a "how-to-knit" flyer, and another about local information of groups and shops -- that would be my flyer.)

      That's all I can think of!  I really really hope to see you all at Pekoe's!  (Pekoe's, right?)

      Jenifer

      --
      Jenifer James Farrell

      "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."  Mahatma Gandhi
    • Diane/Gary Carlson
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
        Hi Jenifer, I got the tables this year. I'm picking up one from Tara,
        and one of my own. If anybody else has any folding table to
        contribute, that would be great. What we need are baskets - tons of
        big ones! I'd like to have one basket for all the info on the stores,
        business cards, flyers, class lists, etc all in one place so it's not
        all spread out with a rock on each one so the wind doesn't blow it
        away! Too confusing.
        Maybe you'll be able to make the last half of the meeting,
        -Diane
        On Sep 1, 2006, at 4:05 PM, Jenifer Farrell wrote:

        > Hello everyone!
        >
        > It feels like forever since I've had a chance to catch up with you all
        > in person!  Thanks to everyone for keeping all the others (and
        > myself!) up to date via emails.
        >
        > Alas, I thought that when I gave up my night job last year for my day
        > job this year I'd be able to make more meetings ... as it is, my
        > husband (who just finished his master's, remember?) is now embarking
        > on an ESL endorsement, and it looks like his classes will take place
        > on Tuesdays from 4:00 - 7:00.  So,  it might still be difficult for me
        > to attend meetings.  :(
        >
        > However, I hope to at least make the second half of next Tuesday's
        > meeting!  In case I don't show, though, here's what I have to report:
        >
        > * I'm set on bringing food etc. to the knit-out.  I won't have tables
        > ... is somebody in charge of those?  Tara?
        >
        > * Do we have a poster to announce our group (like last year's?  is it
        > still in your trunk Kristen? :)?  I can make another one if we need
        > to.
        >
        > * I just sent out an email to the internet groups ... was I going to
        > make other internet contacts?  That's all that I've done.
        >
        > * I also have those flyers from last year stating all the local
        > information, and some basic start-up info for people (internet sites,
        > basic books).  I'll modify them to work for this year's knit-out as
        > well.  Did somebody (Emily or Alex?) say they were going to make a
        > flyer with the basic knit and purl stitches?  If so, I'll email you
        > the books and internet sites to add to that flyer if you have space.
        > Just let me know, or else I'll keep that info on my flyer.  (I'm
        > thinking of two separate flyers -- one that's a "how-to-knit" flyer,
        > and another about local information of groups and shops -- that would
        > be my flyer.)
        >
        > That's all I can think of!  I really really hope to see you all at
        > Pekoe's!  (Pekoe's, right?)
        >
        > Jenifer
        >

        > --
        > Jenifer James Farrell
        >
        > "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."  Mahatma Gandhi

      • Emily Aspenwall
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
          thaks for the information. Turns out i can not make the meeting on Tuesday
          (me and my winder that is) because i was reminded yesterday i have a staff
          meeting that night. they usually run until 7:30 and leave me feeling
          irriatable and worn out, so while i would like to make the meeting, i just
          won't be up for it.

          See you at the knit out! peace out! (haha) emily

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
            i'll be able to bring approx. 8 medium to large size baskets ~em

          • Penny Hause
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
              Jenifer Farrell wrote:

              > * I'm set on bringing food etc. to the knit-out.

              Hi, Jenifer,

              Do you have the names of food donors? Once I have those names, I can add
              them to the full page flyer and post it to the files area for people to
              print out and post on their favorite local bulletin boards. If I have
              the names in time, I can print some flyers and bring to the meeting for
              people to take.

              The sponsors I have so far from Diane are:

              Black Water Abbey Yarns
              Denver Knitting Guild
              Knit One Purl Too
              www.theknitter.com
              A Knitted Peace
              Mew Mew's Yarn Shop
              The Shivering Sheep
              Shuttles, Spindles, and Skeins
              Vermont Organic Fiber

              Diane, I can bring a ball winder.

              Penny
            • Penny Hause
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 6, 2006
                I've uploaded a pdf file --
                KnitOut06FullPageFlyer.pdf --
                of a full page flyer for this year's Knit-Out
                to the files area of our group --
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoulderHKG/files/

                in case you would like to print some out and post
                at your local grocery store, church, school, etc.

                Penny