RE: Membership

  • queenpurple
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi All: I would like to become a Member of HKG. I am currently a Member of the Handweaver's Guild of Boulder, the Gilpin County Art Assoc., and The Knit Guild of America.

      I would also like to participate at the Sept. 24th Knit Out. I can teach knitting, give a demonstration, etc.

      Please contact me with Membership and meeting info., who is co-ordinating the Knit Out, etc.

      Thanks!

      Kayla Moonwatcher
      Moonwatcher Designs
      303-516-9527
    • Jenifer Farrell
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
        Hi Kayla!

        You're welcome to come to any of our meetings.  Our next one will be held on Wednesday, Sept 7, a different date than usual because of the Labor Day holiday.  We're all pitching in to help with the event, and at our next meeting we'll be tying up a few loose ends.  I'll send out an email soon detailing our agenda.  If you decide to become an official member, we'll ask for $10.00 in your annual membership dues, to help cover minor costs that occur throughout the year.  However, everyone is welcome to attend meetings whether you're a member or not.

        Please feel free to bring anything to the Knit-Out that you'd like in terms of a demonstration;  we're going to have a limited number of CD drop spindles so people can learn to spin, and I think that we may have a few people bring their portable spinning wheels for demonstrations as well.  I belive that Nancy, from the Handweaver's Guild, is planning to come as well. ( Anyone else out there interested in bringing spinning wheels for demonstrations?)

        We're going to make the event fairly low-key, with the primary focus on teaching newcomers to the craft how to knit;  however, we also want to make this a fun event for those that are more experienced!  And, if you're available, we just may grab you as well to help teach others to knit.  :)

        For the rest of the year, we are plodding along (I mean, making progress) with our Level 1 swatches for the TKGA Master Knitter certification;  I believe that Diane C. has passed Level 1 and has begun Level 2.  We're also going to be starting more charitable knitting over the next year, and I believe that we've decided to knit preemie hats for the NICU at Boulder Community Hospital.  We'll be finalizing those details after the Knit-Out.  But generally, we're a fairly low-key knitting guild and we'd love to have you, or anyone else this message reaches that hasn't made it to a meeting yet, attend!

        Jenifer Farrell
        President

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/PTTolB/TM

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Jenifer James Farrell

        "Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either." - Elizabeth Zimmerman
      • queenpurple
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
          Jenifer: Thanks for responding to my email request.

          I would love to attend the 9/7 meeting. Where and what time?

          Yes, I do have a portable spinning wheel, and could give spinning demonstrations.

          I have been interested in the TKGA certification programs, but have not yet begun. Doing it with the Guild would make it so much more fun, and it would keep me inspired to achieve consistent progress with the rest of you.

          I look forward to meeting all of you next week! Kayla

          From: Jenifer Farrell <jeniferorama@...>
          Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:55:51 -0600

          >Hi Kayla!
          >
          >You're welcome to come to any of our meetings. Our next one will be held on
          >Wednesday, Sept 7, a different date than usual because of the Labor Day
          >holiday. We're all pitching in to help with the event, and at our next
          >meeting we'll be tying up a few loose ends. I'll send out an email soon
          >detailing our agenda. If you decide to become an official member, we'll ask
          >for $10.00 in your annual membership dues, to help cover minor costs that
          >occur throughout the year. However, everyone is welcome to attend meetings
          >whether you're a member or not.
          >
          >Please feel free to bring anything to the Knit-Out that you'd like in terms
          >of a demonstration; we're going to have a limited number of CD drop spindles
          >so people can learn to spin, and I think that we may have a few people bring
          >their portable spinning wheels for demonstrations as well. I belive that
          >Nancy, from the Handweaver's Guild, is planning to come as well. ( Anyone
          >else out there interested in bringing spinning wheels for demonstrations?)
          >
          >We're going to make the event fairly low-key, with the primary focus on
          >teaching newcomers to the craft how to knit; however, we also want to make
          >this a fun event for those that are more experienced! And, if you're
          >available, we just may grab you as well to help teach others to knit. :)
          >
          >For the rest of the year, we are plodding along (I mean, making progress)
          >with our Level 1 swatches for the TKGA Master Knitter certification; I
          >believe that Diane C. has passed Level 1 and has begun Level 2. We're also
          >going to be starting more charitable knitting over the next year, and I
          >believe that we've decided to knit preemie hats for the NICU at Boulder
          >Community Hospital. We'll be finalizing those details after the Knit-Out.
          >But generally, we're a fairly low-key knitting guild and we'd love to have
          >you, or anyone else this message reaches that hasn't made it to a meeting
          >yet, attend!
          >
          >Jenifer Farrell
          >President
          >
          >On 9/1/05, queenpurple <queenpurple@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi All: I would like to become a Member of HKG. I am currently a Member of
          >> the Handweaver's Guild of Boulder, the Gilpin County Art Assoc., and The
          >> Knit Guild of America.
          >>
          >> I would also like to participate at the Sept. 24th Knit Out. I can teach
          >> knitting, give a demonstration, etc.
          >>
          >> Please contact me with Membership and meeting info., who is co-ordinating
          >> the Knit Out, etc.
          >>
          >> Thanks!
          >>
          >> Kayla Moonwatcher
          >> Moonwatcher Designs
          >> 303-516-9527
          >>

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links
          >>

          >--
          >Jenifer James Farrell
          >
          >"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't
          >hurt the untroubled spirit, either." - Elizabeth Zimmerman

        • Diane/Gary Carlson
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
            Hi Everyone, and welcome Kayla!
            This meeting coming up, I believe, will be held in Tara's studio from
            6:30 to 8:30. (Tara, can you offer specific directions, or is it
            posted on the website?)
            I just got a call today from the woman who approves the permit for
            us to do the Knit Out. She noticed on the application that I put down
            that we would be having a spinning demonstration and a fashion show,
            and if that was the case, then she wouldn't be able to give us a permit
            without insurance! So, I did some fast talking, and got her to approve
            it. I told her that the fashion show was really just us wearing
            sweaters we have made and such. As for the spinning demonstration, I
            said that there would be one professional person doing this, not a
            bunch of novices walking around possibly impaling themselves on
            anything. So!! When we do this, let's try to keep it safe, whatever
            that means. I'd like to try to keep this a free event, including free
            for us as well. I think next year I won't put anything down for
            demonstrations on the form she sent me.
            So I'll see everyone at Wednesday's meeting!
            -Diane

          • Penny Hause
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
              --- In BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com, Jenifer Farrell <jeniferorama@g...>
              wrote:
              > Hi Kayla!
              >
              > You're welcome to come to any of our meetings. Our next one will be
              held on
              > Wednesday, Sept 7, a different date than usual because of the Labor
              Day
              > holiday.

              Hi, Jenifer,

              I thought we decided to have the Sept. meeting on the second Monday,
              9/12 (see Diane's minutes,
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoulderHKG/message/347 ).

              Penny

              (Hi, Kayla, good to "see" you here!)
            • Jenifer Farrell
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
                Oops ... all along I thought we were meeting next Wednesday!  Okay, then the following Monday it is!! Thanks for the clarification, Penny.  I'll get an email out early next week detailing final things to get done before the day ...

                Jenifer

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 1, 2005
                  Oops from me, too! And I wrote the minutes! September 12th it is.
                  -Diane
                  On Sep 1, 2005, at 9:31 PM, Jenifer Farrell wrote:

                  > Oops ... all along I thought we were meeting next Wednesday!  Okay,
                  > then the following Monday it is!! Thanks for the clarification,
                  > Penny.  I'll get an email out early next week detailing final things
                  > to get done before the day ...
                  >
                  > Jenifer
                  >

                  > On 9/1/05, Penny Hause <phause@...> wrote: --- In
                  > BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com, Jenifer Farrell <jeniferorama@g ...>
                  >> wrote:
                  >> > Hi Kayla!
                  >> >
                  >> > You're welcome to come to any of our meetings. Our next one will be
                  >> held on
                  >> > Wednesday, Sept 7, a different date than usual because of the Labor
                  >> Day
                  >> > holiday.
                  >>
                  >> Hi, Jenifer,
                  >>
                  >> I thought we decided to have the Sept. meeting on the second Monday,
                  >> 9/12 (see Diane's minutes,
                  >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoulderHKG/message/347 ).
                  >>
                  >> Penny
                  >>
                  >> (Hi, Kayla, good to "see" you here!)

                  > --
                  > Jenifer James Farrell
                  >
                  > "Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it
                  > doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either." - Elizabeth Zimmerman

                  > Knitting yarn
                  > Knitting
                  > Knitting needles
                  > Knitting supplies
                  > Knitting book
                  > Knitting bags
                  >
                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  >
                  > ▪  Visit your group "BoulderHKG" on the web.

                  > Service.

                • Penny Hause
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 9, 2005
                    I phoned Boulder Public Library to ask about conference room
                    availability for our November meeting and was able to get the Boulder
                    Creek room for Tuesday, November 1, from 6:30 to 8:30.

                    If this is not good, please let me know so I can cancel.

                    As a reminder, we have the room reserved for Wednesday, October 5, from
                    7 to 9.

                    Penny
                  • Jenifer Farrell