Re: Ending the Guild

  • moonwatcherdesigns@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2008
      Well, I agree that we had a good discussion last year about the vision and direction of the Guild, and that we have given it another chunk of time to grow stronger, yet it hasn't really grown beyond the core group. I would love to have the info./permit for the Knit Out, as I really enjoy doing this and even want to do it every month during good weather. We don't need to be a Guild to participate in a Knit Out, and it might even be a fun opportunity for us to get together every now and then to knit, share, visit, etc. I am currently working on a VERY custom Ladybug spinning wheel for myself (it will either be all purple or purple/green/magenta tie-dye) that will be really fun to spin on in public and see people's reaction.

      I have enjoyed meeting and learning from all of you, and will hope to stay in touch. I have Penny's telephone numbers, but not others, so please feel free to share them with me. And, I hope to have one last get-together just to celebrate all we have shared together.

      Blessings, Kayla
    • Diane/Gary Carlson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2008
        Hi Kayla, thanks for replying. There really is no info for the knit
        out permits. I was told last year that there were going to be some
        changes for the permits this year, and that we might need to pay a fee,
        and also I don't know who handles them now. If you're just wanting to
        get together and knit, I find it absurd that we would need a permit for
        that! But if you really want to pursue it, I'd check with the Boulder
        Parks and Rec.
        I'd love to see your custom spinning wheel! Sounds like a cool thing!

        As for a last get-together, well I haven't had much of a response, so
        we'll need to come up with some other idea for the money we have in the
        treasury. Or maybe we can wait till summer and then have a blow-out
        get together???
        Let me know what to do! Talk it up out there.
        -Diane

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2008
          P.S. Kayla, I'm not saying that you are absurd for wanting a permit!
          That sounded weird after I read it. I meant that I think it's absurd
          that the city would want us to have a permit for getting together and
          knitting.
          -Diane