meeting 1/10??

  • Diane/Gary Carlson
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 8, 2008
      Hey everyone, are we going to have a meeting this Thursday? Is anyone
      interested? I'll go, as we need a representative there in case some
      new people come along. How's everyone been doing lately??
      -Diane
    • emily werner

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 8, 2008
          Okay, good, I'll see you there!
          If anyone wants to suggest a meeting topic to learn/teach, but can't
          make it to the meeting, let us know by email.
          I had in mind to do a meeting on casting-on techniques.
          -Diane
          On Jan 8, 2008, at 6:43 PM, emily werner wrote:

          i was planning on being there-- so i'll see you thursday. and if we
          want a topic it was going to be New Year's Knitting Resolutions and
          Ideas for 2008. We also need to scheme up some meeting topics for the
          next few months or so.

          see you on thursday. emily

          On Jan 8, 2008 2:05 PM, Diane/Gary Carlson <dg3909@...> wrote:
          > Hey everyone, are we going to have a meeting this Thursday? Is anyone
          > interested? I'll go, as we need a representative there in case some
          > new people come along. How's everyone been doing lately??
          > -Diane

        • Penny Hause
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 9, 2008
            Hello,
            I'm going to try to go, depending on what the weather and roads are
            like. Can't promise.

            If anyone has experience with knitting jogless stripes, I would
            appreciate advice. I'll bring my somewhat but not completely
            successful example.

            Don't know whether it would be part of the cast on program or a
            different one, but I could use a program on casting off, especially
            stretchy casting off for lace.

            Penny

            Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
            > Hey everyone, are we going to have a meeting this Thursday? Is anyone
            > interested? I'll go, as we need a representative there in case some
            > new people come along. How's everyone been doing lately??
            > -Diane
          • emily werner
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 10, 2008
              good morning all,

              turns out i'm not up to making it this time. i had to have a little medical procedure this week, and it's left me sort of worn out and anti-social. also, i haven't knit in two days.

              hope you have a fun meeting. fill me in later.
              emily

              Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
              > Hey everyone, are we going to have a meeting this Thursday? Is anyone
              > interested? I'll go, as we need a representative there in case some
              > new people come along. How's everyone been doing lately??
              > -Diane

            • Diane/Gary Carlson
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 10, 2008
                Oh, sorry you can't make it, Emily! I'll still be there, knitting or
                something.
                -Diane
                On Jan 10, 2008, at 6:52 AM, emily werner wrote:

                good morning all,

                turns out i'm not up to making it this time. i had to have a little
                medical procedure this week, and it's left me sort of worn out and
                anti-social. also, i haven't knit in two days.

                hope you have a fun meeting. fill me in later.
                emily

                On Jan 9, 2008 3:32 PM, Penny Hause <phause@...> wrote:
                > Hello,
                > I'm going to try to go, depending on what the weather and roads are
                > like. Can't promise.
                >
                > If anyone has experience with knitting jogless stripes, I would
                > appreciate advice. I'll bring my somewhat but not completely
                > successful example.
                >
                > Don't know whether it would be part of the cast on program or a
                > different one, but I could use a program on casting off, especially
                > stretchy casting off for lace.
                >
                > Penny
                >

                > Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                > > Hey everyone, are we going to have a meeting this Thursday? Is
                > anyone
                > > interested? I'll go, as we need a representative there in case some
                > > new people come along. How's everyone been doing lately??
                > > -Diane

              • Amy Machael
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 10, 2008
                  Hi Penny:

                  I've seen many examples (including Sue's at Mew Mew's) and none are
                  really jogless (including my attempts). So I'm sure that whatever you
                  are doing is great.

                  amy
                  --- In BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com, Penny Hause <phause@...> wrote:

                  > Hello,
                  > I'm going to try to go, depending on what the weather and roads are
                  > like. Can't promise.
                  >
                  > If anyone has experience with knitting jogless stripes, I would
                  > appreciate advice. I'll bring my somewhat but not completely
                  > successful example.
                  >
                  > Don't know whether it would be part of the cast on program or a
                  > different one, but I could use a program on casting off, especially
                  > stretchy casting off for lace.
                  >
                  > Penny
                  >
                  > Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                  > > Hey everyone, are we going to have a meeting this Thursday? Is
                  anyone
                  > > interested? I'll go, as we need a representative there in case some
                  > > new people come along. How's everyone been doing lately??
                  > > -Diane

                • Amy Machael
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 10, 2008
                    Hi Ladies:

                    I won't be able to make it tonight. Have fun - good luck with your
                    jogless jig, Penny.

                    amy

                    --- In BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com, Diane/Gary Carlson <dg3909@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Hey everyone, are we going to have a meeting this Thursday? Is anyone
                    > interested? I'll go, as we need a representative there in case some
                    > new people come along. How's everyone been doing lately??
                    > -Diane

                  • Penny Hause
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 10, 2008
                      Diane,
                      I'll really make an effort to get there. I just got a copy of Debbie
                      Bliss's Toy Knits and would appreciate your thoughts.

                      Hope you feel better, Emily.

                      Penny

                      Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                      > Oh, sorry you can't make it, Emily! I'll still be there, knitting or
                      > something.
                      > -Diane
                    • Diane/Gary Carlson
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 10, 2008
                        Aha! I saw an article recently in Cast On that addresses that
                        particular topic, and I can share it on the date of that particular
                        meeting. It's a totally new concept that I haven't tried myself, but
                        it's been in the back of my mind to do. It looks as though it makes a
                        perfect jogless circle. We'll see...
                        I'll dig it up and post what issue it's in and if you have it, you can
                        read up on it.
                        -Diane
                        On Jan 10, 2008, at 8:19 AM, Amy Machael wrote:

                        Hi Penny:

                        I've seen many examples (including Sue's at Mew Mew's) and none are
                        really jogless (including my attempts). So I'm sure that whatever you
                        are doing is great.

                        amy
                        --- In BoulderHKG@yahoogroups.com, Penny Hause <phause@...> wrote:

                        > Hello,
                        > I'm going to try to go, depending on what the weather and roads are
                        > like. Can't promise.
                        >
                        > If anyone has experience with knitting jogless stripes, I would
                        > appreciate advice. I'll bring my somewhat but not completely
                        > successful example.
                        >
                        > Don't know whether it would be part of the cast on program or a
                        > different one, but I could use a program on casting off, especially
                        > stretchy casting off for lace.
                        >
                        > Penny
                        >
                        > Diane/Gary Carlson wrote:
                        > > Hey everyone, are we going to have a meeting this Thursday? Is
                        anyone
                        > > interested? I'll go, as we need a representative there in case some
                        > > new people come along. How's everyone been doing lately??
                        > > -Diane

                      • Diane/Gary Carlson
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 10, 2008
                          Okay Penny. But really, don't worry if you can't make it as I don't
                          mind perusing books and sipping coffee away from home for a while...
                          I don't know if I've seen Toy Knits or not, I'll have to look it up.
                          -Diane