$50 gift card

  • Diane/Gary Carlson
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hey knit-outers! I just got a $50 gift card from Safeway for the Knit
      Out and was wondering what you all think I should get with it. Also,
      do I have any volunteers for someone else purchasing stuff with this
      instead of me? I've got so much to do the morning of the Knit Out that
      stopping at a grocery store will be too much. I can drop the card in
      the mail to whoever wants to take care of this...

      Also, is Jenifer around? Are you out there? I've got a few questions
      about the door prizes at the Knit Out and I think you ran that the last
      time we did it. Do the people who win have to be present? Can someone
      be in charge of this activity? I am getting a skein of yarn and
      pattern from O-wool, a skein of yarn and pattern from Black Water
      Abbey, 2 skeins of sock yarn from Shuttles, and 5 $10 gift certificates
      from Mew Mew's!

      Also, we are getting hot tea donated by Teaspot, and I've yet to hear
      from Paradise Bakery.

      -Diane
    • Kaiti Trimble
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
        Bottled water to hand out might be nice (and ice to keep it cold), or perhaps some munchies... I'll volunteer my cooler to keep stuff cold if you want to do beverages... Also, with water, we could add informational tags to them, just simple pieces of paper (tied on with scrap yarn) with the Yahoo Groups addy, and maybe some meeting times/locations?

        Also, Diane, we need to make arrangements for me to give you my chairs for the knit-out. I'll email you off-list about that, and if you want my cooler, too, I can give you that at the same time.

        Kaiti

        On 9/1/07, Diane/Gary Carlson <dg3909@...

        --
        Kaiti
        --------
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
          Hi Kaiti, thanks for your input about what to get. As with water
          bottles, we discussed this at the last meeting, and apparently at
          previous knit outs, people were just coming by and snagging a bottle of
          water - those not particularly interested in knitting. I understand
          it's going to be hot though, and I would much rather bring some large
          coolers with spouts for water and we could get some paper cups. I've
          got filtered water at my house and can bring that. Anybody got a large
          water cooler with a spout? Otherwise I could get the 2 gallon spring
          water dispensers from Safeway. (Or whoever volunteers to take this
          on...)
          -Diane

          On 9/1/07, Diane/Gary Carlson <dg3909@... > wrote: Hey

          --
          Kaiti
          --------
          It's always easier to see the brain-weasels when they're munching on
          someone else's head.
          --------
          "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"
        • Jenifer Farrell
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
            Hi everyone!!

            Sorry I've been so absent.  It's been one thing after another this summer, and at any moment when I think I'll be getting my act together, something else comes up.  (Not to be a complete downer here, so you can read more on my blog.)

            Diane --  I did do the door prizes last year.  I'll volunteer to do door prizes again -- if something comes up, I'll do my best to at least drop supplies off or pass them on to somebody who will be able to bring them.  I have a basket with slips of paper that people write their names on, and I told them they had to be present to win.  We had enough prizes for at least one an hour, maybe two an hour if I bring some stitch markers as well to give away.  Great job, Diane and everyone else, on organizing this stuff this year!!

            Hope to see you all soon --

            Jenifer
            http://jeniferknits.blogspot.com

[...]

            Jenifer James Farrell

            "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."  Mahatma Gandhi
          • emily werner
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
              diane-- i can take care of the food from safeway. i'm thinking some fruit/veggie might be good. or some pastries as well, if Paradise doesn't come through. let me know. I'll do safeway for sure. why don't you pop that card in the mail to me:
              emily werner, 7475 Spy Glass Ct, Boulder Co 80301

              i'm also bringing lots of baskets, a random bag or two of yarn and the poster board signs i'll make this week. anything else? e.

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
                Thanks Emily, the card is on its way to you! I really appreciate this!
                I'll take care of the door prizes, and Jenifer, if you could bring
                some little slips of paper and your basket and run the door prize
                activity for us, that would be awesome!!! I get caught up teaching
                people to knit each year and don't remember the other things.
                I'll pick up the tea and possibly Paradise Bakery that morning.
                Emily, could you get some small-ish paper cups for water? I'll bring a
                water jug but it's not very big, or you could get some 2 gallon water
                dispensers at Safeway. I'll have Kaiti's cooler, so if you want to get
                ice, we can store stuff in it. Let's keep in touch about what to get.
                -Diane

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 7, 2007
                  Okay, Diane, anything else from Safeway? Here's what i have so far
                  • paper cups
                  • ice
                  • some jugs of water
                  • fruit and/or veggie tray (do you have to order those? if yes, then i'll figure something else out...)
                  Do we need?:
                  • pastries of any type
                  • anything else?
                  anyone else have something in mind? i'm planning to go to the store Saturday morning, so let me know today if there is anything.

                  emily

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 7, 2007
                    Well, since it's the day before the Knit Out and I haven't heard from
                    Paradise Bakery, then yes, grab some pastries with the rest of the
                    money.
                    I'll call Paradise today and see what's up, but it's not looking
                    likely. I put in a request two weeks ago. That is one thing we should
                    put on our calendar for May or June of next year - to have someone
                    apply to all the major grocery stores for Knit Out food early! Why
                    don't we just make it a Food-Out next year?!! Hah!
                    -Diane

                    On 9/2/07, Diane/Gary Carlson <dg3909@... > wrote:Thanks

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 7, 2007
                      sounds good. let me know if you think of anything else. see you in the morning.

                      if you need to, you can call me: 720.250.8651

                      emily