Re: [Bottomsounders] Lingzilla on Memorial Weekend

  • David Forcucci
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
      Ken,
      There is a $25 non refundable reservation fee for the group sites.
      Dave

      On Mar 22, 2013, at 9:22 AM, Kenneth Oakes <kenneth.oakes68@...> wrote:

      Hi Anastasia,  what is the cancellation policy for the campsite? Maybe we should just go ahead and reserve one and can always cancel it if the group decides on other accommodations?

      Thanks,
      Ken

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
          Ahhh, checkmate!  Well, I am all for the camp site and will totally take the 25 dollar hit just to have a spot.  Even if nobody else goes (which I doubt), at least my wife and I will have a guaranteed spot.  If we just take our chances with the first come/first serve spots, we might end up sleeping in a bathroom or something!

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
            lets do that then
            I'll call the park.
            Dave, what do you think is the best site out of two left?

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
              I'm in

              Sent from my LG Mobile

              Anastasia Strebkova <astrebkova@...> wrote:

              >lets do that then
              >I'll call the park.
              >Dave, what do you think is the best site out of two left?
              >

              >On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Kenneth Oakes
              ><kenneth.oakes68@...>wrote:
              >
              >> **
              >>

              >> Ahhh, checkmate! Well, I am all for the camp site and will totally take
              >> the 25 dollar hit just to have a spot. Even if nobody else goes (which I
              >> doubt), at least my wife and I will have a guaranteed spot. If we just
              >> take our chances with the first come/first serve spots, we might end up
              >> sleeping in a bathroom or something!
              >>
              >> Ken
              >>
              >> ------------------------------

            • Kenneth Oakes
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                Chad, won't you be tired out from hunting lings at the Neah Bay opener?

                Ken

                >Dave, what do you think is the best site out of two left?
                >

                >On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Kenneth Oakes
                ><kenneth.oakes68@...>wrote:
                >
                >> **
                >>

                >> Ahhh, checkmate! Well, I am all for the camp site and will totally take
                >> the 25 dollar hit just to have a spot. Even if nobody else goes (which I
                >> doubt), at least my wife and I will have a guaranteed spot. If we just
                >> take our chances with the first come/first serve spots, we might end up
                >> sleeping in a bathroom or something!
                >>
                >> Ken
                >>
                >> ------------------------------

              • Kenneth Oakes
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                  Anastasia, let me know if they need a credit card or anything to reserve the site.

                  Ken

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                    Ha no way man! I pack spinach in a can.......Here fishy fishy!

                    Sent from my LG Mobile

                  • Kenneth Oakes
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                      I prefer to eat kelp, I think I ate quite a bit at Neah Bay last weekend!

                      Ken

                      Ha no way man! I pack spinach in a can.......Here fishy fishy!

                      Sent from my LG Mobile

                      Kenneth Oakes <kenneth.oakes68@...> wrote:

                      >Chad, won't you be tired out from hunting lings at the Neah Bay opener?
                      >
                      >Ken
                      >

                      >________________________________

                    • Joan Diaz
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                        You cant call yourself a PNW freediver until you eat some kelp, that was part of your initiation.

                        Joan

                        Sent from my iPhone

                      • Kenneth Oakes
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                          Ahh, well then, I was initiated about 5 times! Luckily, I gave the kelp back to the ocean, just slightly more liquified!

                          Ken

                          Ha no way man! I pack spinach in a can.......Here fishy fishy!

                          Sent from my LG Mobile

                          Kenneth Oakes <kenneth.oakes68@...> wrote:

                          >Chad, won't you be tired out from hunting lings at the Neah Bay opener?
                          >
                          >Ken
                          >

                          >________________________________

                        • Chad M. Cabe
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                            No kidding! I got a cut on my hand and saltwater came out!

                            Sent from my LG Mobile

                          • Chad M. Cabe
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                              Yes! Just think how good you'll be in warm clear pansy water !

                              Sent from my LG Mobile

                            • Chad M. Cabe
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                                Now we have to plan a lingcod trip to Alaska!

                                Sent from my LG Mobile

                              • Kenneth Oakes
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 23, 2013
                                  I have been intensely training for the 300 foot/5 minute bottom times we will need to hunt the 100 pound lings in Alaska.  I'm about 1/10th of the way to that goal with my 30 foot/30second bottom times at present!

                                  Ken