Re: Peace Corps Contact Group

  • Andrew Sigman
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2007

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 16, 2007

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2007

          • Jay
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 23, 2007
              Join peacecorpsnetwork in yahoo groups.
            • evvawesley
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 23, 2007
                --- In Botswana5@yahoogroups.com, "Jay" <peacecorpscountry@...> wrote:

                > Join peacecorpsnetwork in yahoo groups.

                Hello Jay,

                How are you? Please let me know how things are going in Botswana? I
                owe you an update on what happened with me... I will write more
                later... For now, I will share that it took several weeks to get re-
                assigned to another country with the PC. Of course, my health was
                fine, but the red tape with the PC kept me from joining the group.
                They did not share this until the last minute. I really thought that
                I would join you all, but things did not turn out that way.

                I got re-assigned to a job in Swaziland and left in June, in short,
                it was not a good fit. The job was totally different than what I
                commited to for Botswana. I ended up coming back home after a
                month. It was tough since the whole process was lengthly and I had a
                dream of serving for 2 years. However, I had to go with my "gut" and
                Trust in how I felt.

                The support from the group before you all left touched my heart. You
                all were so loving and supportive. At the time, I was in shock and
                after spending the first day with the team, it felt so right, so
                perfect, its hard to explain the connection I had with the group, it
                was truly amazing. Please accept my apologies for taking so long to
                respond.

                My mom had a stroke in June which made my decsion to come home
                easier. That was a roller coaster ride. She is adjusting and is
                doing much better now.

                I began working in corporate American again, its been really busy. I
                had taken 2 years off work and it took some adjusting to get back in
                the grove. I would seriously consider coming to visit you all during
                the time you are there. Please reach out and let me know how you are
                doing?

                I am working for a company and I am in charge of marketing prenatal
                vitamins (prescription only). So, if I came to visit, I could
                contribute in that area by giving an educational talk on the
                importance of folic acid to reduce the incidence of neural tube
                defects... Just a thought?

                Ok, I was going to keep this short... I guess I did not keep my
                promise, sorry... Please let me know how you all are doing,

                Many Blessings,

                Evva