Introducing myself - Jeff Zarend in New Ipswich, NH

  • jzarend
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
      Hi there,

      I just joined, and wanted to introduce myself.

      I'm Jeff Zarend. I live in New Ipswich, NH. I'm 45, been
      (attempting) to do serious genealogy for 5-10 years, and been
      dabbling for > 15 years. About 5-7 years ago I switched from "enter
      everybody" to proving/sources/citing/serious research. I realize
      I've got a long way to go, but, realization is the first step.

      I moved from NW Ohio to New Hampshire in 1998 (aren't divorces & jobs
      wonderful?). Happily (and too muchly) employed in high tech fields.

      I'm actively researching the following direct relationships:
      Paternal:
      Zarend (and many variations)
      Klatt
      Faust
      Burkhard (and many variations)
      Holst/Holtz

      Maternal:
      Oliver
      Luce
      James
      Fuller
      Johnson
      Moore
      Melyn
      Woodruff
      Grandy
      Gage

      My web site has tons of research.
      www.zarend.com/genealogy.html

      My email is:
      jzarend@...
    • Edward Feustel
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
        I am divorced and retired(?) from day to day jobs. I live near Lebanon
        NH and take a bus and subway to get to NEHGS.

        I have been doing genealogy for a long time, but like Jeff have only
        recently decided to document more intensely. I used Roots and Ultimate
        Family Tree in the 1990s and became a member and then officer of the
        Arlington RUG. In about 2000 I began the switch to TMG. I still have a
        great deal of documentation and cleanup to do. There is so much to do
        and so little time

        My roots and those of my former spouse are in New England. My
        genealogical interest is in collecting the genealogy that I can and
        documenting it for my son, siblings, and cousins as well as my former
        wife and her siblings.

        I missed the Arlington RUG and its exchange of information. So I
        joined together with a few others in the Boston Area to start this
        group, successor to one in Framingham, MA. and another on the South Shore.

        We have been fortunate to have Jim Byram and John Cardinal as
        interested persons from the start. They are truly TMG experts.
        Our first meeting went well and we were fortunate that Bob Velke and
        Dick Eastman could both attend.

        Ed Feustel

        Some families I am interested in:

        Feustel
        Parham
        Gable (Goebel)
        Kiefer
        Day

        Hazen
        Townsend
        Storrs
        Coleman
        Bosworth
        Hoyt
        Quimby
        Dewey
        Wright
        Hovey

        Howard
        Gulick
        Tanler
        Tillotson
      • Toni Picariello
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
          I am also divorced and live in Bellingham, MA. I commute everyday by
          (the unreliable) MBTA commuter rail to Boston and work as a legal
          assistant/paralegal in a law firm.

          I have been collecting information for all four sides of my family
          for the past 15 years and just recently started doing more and more
          research and organizing. I have printed "Journals" and given them to
          my relatives - who just love reading about our ancesters. I can't
          wait until I retire in 397 weeks so that I can do this all the time.
          If only I could support myself researching geneology full time, I
          would do that!!

          I attended the first Boston area TUG meeting and it was great. I am
          still a beginner with TMG program and I have a lot to learn. I asked
          a question on how to do a search on the program for certain
          information, was told how to do it, but when I got home - forgot what
          to do. Now I have another chance to ask the question, write it down
          more clearly and hope it sinks in.

          I am researching my Dad's family, all Italian (immigrated in the
          Boston area) and have gone to Italy twice in the last 3 years to
          obtain records - What FUN trips those were.

          My Mom's side is Austrian/Czechoslovakian (her mother), who
          immigrated to Shamokin, PA and her father is English, immigrated to
          MA. Would love to get to those countries too.

          Some of the family names I am researching are:

          Koziar/Kozar
          Woodworth
          Stewart
          Halen
          Thomas
          Moore
          Sheptek
          Polyniak
          Briggs

          Picariello
          Ragosta
          Permatteo/Piermatteo
          DiBiase
          Donarumo
          Sestito
          DiBello/DeBello

          See you all on 11/17/2007!!

          Toni Picariello
        • Dick Shryock
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9, 2007
            Hi, I'm a new member of this group and am planning on attending the
            meeting on November 17th. I live in Falmouth, Maine and lead TMGSOME
            The TMG Users Group of Southern Maine. I've been doing genealogy
            since 2000 almost all of it over the internet. My Father's family
            roots are Woodford and Anderson Counties in Kentucky and that's where
            I have done the most work. My Moms Family is from Naugatuck,
            Connecticut but I have reached several dead-ends there.

            My son got married a month ago so I've begun working on his wife's
            family, most of them are from Northern Maine or Canada, so it has
            opened up a great deal of new research possibilities for me.

            I have been using TMG almost from the begining of my interest in
            genealogy, started with version 4.0a, and now am anxiously awaiting
            version 7.0.

            I work in IT at the Maine Medical Center, Department of Emergency
            Medicine.

            I look forward to meeting y'all next week.

            dick shryock
            On the rock bound coast of Maine

            Some Families I am interested in:

            Kentucky