Reminder: Boston Area TMG User's Group will meet Saturday, September 15th at NEHGS

  • Edward A. Feustel
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2007
      The Boston Area TMG Users Group will meet
      Saturday, September 15, 2007 at the New England
      Historic and Genealogical Society(NEHGS) Library
      in Boston from 1 PM to 4 PM in the Conference Room on the 2nd floor. See
      http://www.newenglandancestors.org/about/visit_nehgs/visit_main.asp
      for driving directions and directions for using public transportation.
      You do not need to be a member of NEHGS to attend the meeting.
      There is no charge, but donations to pay for the use of room will be
      gratefully accepted.

      The meeting will focus on basic use of the program:
      "The Master Genealogist" (TMG), by showing
      Bob Velke's DVD "Getting Started". Experienced
      users will be present to answer your questions about
      basic and advanced use of the program, during an
      intermission. Bring your laptops and/or databases.
      Copies of the program are also available at the NEHGS's store.

      The Boston Area TMG Users Group is a new organization seeking
      to educate TMG users about features of the program
      and to facilitate the sharing of experiences of using the program
      and other useful computer software in conjunction with TMG to:
      1. record genealogical data including significant events and sources,
      2. utilize the data for further research,
      3. display relationships as family trees, journals, and other forms,
      4. and share the data with others in the form of books, charts, websites,
      and via GEDCOM.

      If you live in the Boston area and would like to learn with us while
      contributing your experience, please join us on http://www.yahoogroups.com
      (BostonAreaTUG) and request to be added to the group or
      mailing list (if you do not wish to be a full member).

      Make the day a Genealogy DAY: spend the morning researching and the
      afternoon with us learning how to record, display, and share your
      information.
      I hope to see you at the meeting as there is ALWAYS more
      to learn about this program.

      Ed Feustel
      (603)298-5716
      efeustel@...
    • Bob Geldart
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 14, 2007
        I regret that I will not be able to attend the meeting tomorrow. I had hoped that I would, but family concerns preclude that.

        Bob

        At 9/7/2007 07:12 AM, Edward A. Feustel wrote:
        The Boston Area TMG Users Group will meet
        Saturday, September 15, 2007 at the New England
        Historic and Genealogical Society(NEHGS) Library

        Bob Geldart
        BGeldart@...
        Maynard, Massachusetts

        Searching: Gildart/Geldart - Willcutt - Venti - Coan - Besaw (Vt/Canada) - Bubar (NB) - Maynard (New England)

      • Jim Byram
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 14, 2007
          Ed,

          Are you planning to tell people that Bob velke will be at tomorrow's
          meeting?

          Jim
        • Bob Velke
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 14, 2007
            Jim said:

            >Are you planning to tell people that Bob velke will be at tomorrow's meeting?

            He didn't know. I only was able to clear my schedule and made my
            reservations this morning -- so I'll be there for the inaugural meeting.

            Bob Velke
            Wholly Genes Software

          • Peg Buckman