Re: [BostonAreaTUG] NEGHS & the next meeting

  • Edward A. Feustel
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15 4:38 AM
      Linda Reinfeld wrote:

      > Hi all -
      >
      > I wrote to Marie Daley last Monday, and she hasn't replied yet. (I tried
      > to cc the list, but somehow failed!) Should we have a backup plan in
      > case she doesn't get back to us?
      >
      > As far as advanced topics -
      > sureties
      > exhibits
      > clean-up - data, sources, places
      >
      > Thanks -
      >
      > Linda

      Linda,
      Arlington RUG has an article recently on Sureties.
      Perhaps we could review that.

      All,
      I never got response on my suggestion that we use the DVDs
      for the basic sessions. Does that mean there is agreement or
      that no one cares?
      Thanks.
      Ed Feustel
    • John Cardinal
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15 7:46 AM
        Message
        Ed,

        I think it's a good idea to use the DVDs. I have not seen them, but I have seen Bob Velke's presentations, and I think most TMG users would benefit from hearing Bob explain how to use TMG.

        John

      • Linda Reinfeld
        Message 3 of 5 , May 15 11:04 AM
          Hi all -

          I think using the DVDs for the basic sessions is a good idea. I have not seen them either, but we should be able to introduce topics with the DVD and then have a discussion.

          Linda
          Edward A. Feustel wrote:

          Linda Reinfeld wrote:

          > Hi all -
          >
          > I wrote to Marie Daley last Monday, and she hasn't replied yet. (I tried
          > to cc the list, but somehow failed!) Should we have a backup plan in
          > case she doesn't get back to us?
          >
          > As far as advanced topics -
          > sureties
          > exhibits
          > clean-up - data, sources, places
          >
          > Thanks -
          >
          > Linda

          Linda,
          Arlington RUG has an article recently on Sureties.
          Perhaps we could review that.

          All,
          I never got response on my suggestion that we use the DVDs
          for the basic sessions. Does that mean there is agreement or
          that no one cares?
          Thanks.
          Ed Feustel

          No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.0/804 - Release Date: 5/14/2007 4:46 PM

        • Bob Geldart
          Message 4 of 5 , May 16 7:24 PM
            At 5/15/2007 06:38 AM, Ed Feustel wrote:
            Linda Reinfeld wrote:

            > I wrote to Marie Daley last Monday, and she hasn't replied yet. (I tried
            > to cc the list, but somehow failed!) Should we have a backup plan in
            > case she doesn't get back to us?
            >
            > As far as advanced topics -
            > sureties
            > exhibits
            > clean-up - data, sources, places

            Linda,
            Arlington RUG has an article recently on Sureties.
            Perhaps we could review that.

            All,
            I never got response on my suggestion that we use the DVDs
            for the basic sessions. Does that mean there is agreement or
            that no one cares?

            I repeat, I have not seen the video. I have a great deal of respect for Bob Velke asTMG program designer, but I have no idea how to judge this video presentation. As long as there are people there to provide live demos and provide quick feedback, I expect I will be satisfied.

            I guess my answer would be that I look forward to seeing parts of the video, and the interactive participation that ensues. Perhaps I'm jaded by too many business meetings and training sessions with canned video presentations at my former employer, although I always took away something from them.

            As for Sureties, I stopped worrying about them six months into the program. If I have qualms about a source, I document it.

            Cleanup I see as a basic topic, but an important one for new people to start with.

            Perhaps each of us could suggest subjects of interest, and then compile the list to see what the greater numbers of the group might be most interested in. Then perhaps we could deal with some of those issues, and advertise that we're also showing parts of Bob's video.

            Bob Geldart                BGeldart@...
            Maynard, MA