Our meeting yesterday

  • linda_music123
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2013
      We had a very interesting meeting yesterday. Jim Byram gave an excellent presentation on Projects and Datasets - technically what the differences are, how you would use them, and why you would use them. Then Dave Velten presented on Google Analytics - how to use them in Second Site, what benefits you can have, how to improve the traffic of your site. He also showed how to add social networking buttons to your site - after all, it's 2013 and we all should be 'up to date' with the latest!

      Unfortunately only 5 people were in attendance...including the presenters. I would like to encourage everyone to come to the meetings - even if the topic isn't high on your list I guarantee you will learn something, or become inspired to do more research. Our next meeting will be in two months on May 18th. There will be a presentation on Journal Reporting, and Dave will again do something on Second Site.

      Ideas on future meeting topics are welcome. Also ideas on ways to increase attendance - different day? different time? different place?
      Do send your thoughts along, we love to hear from you.

      Thanks - Linda Reinfeld