meeging Sat Jan 21st 1 pm in Burlington, MA

  • linda_music123
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2012
      Hello to all -

      TMG v8 is here - as everyone knows! Come to our meeting, and discuss the different ways you are using the enhancements to v8. We won't do another chapter in Terry's book for this meeting, but leave it open for discussions on v8. Hopefully Jim Byram will be able to attend, and help us with questions. He has been very helpful on the TMG mailing list.

      Time permitting, we will also discuss Second Site. Last meeting we went over the 6 steps to building a new site. Not many people were there, so we can review the 6 steps again for those who are new to second site. Unfortunately Dave Velten cannot attend; however we can go over his presentation.

      We will also have refreshments - Polly will provide something good.

      We will be meeting at the same location, in Burlington, 5 Commonwealth Executive Drive.

      Directions:
      Turn off 95/128 at exit 32B, Middlesex Tpke, heading towards Boston (away from the Burlington Mall). Immediate left onto Wheeler Road. Then first left (about 1/4 mile) onto Commonwealth Executive Drive. There is only one building, at the end of the road. Go in the front door, upstairs. The meeting will be on the left on the second floor. There is an elevator.

      If there are any last-minute questions my cell phone is 781-999-2451 (this is a new number)

      See you all soon -

      Linda S Reinfeld
    • Jim Byram
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 19, 2012
        v8.01 has been released.

        Use ‘Check for an update’ to get it.

        Note that this is not an update... it is a full installer.

        When it runs, it removes v8.00 and then installs v8.01.

        For this reason, you might need to use your registration information to unlock the program.

        The only reason that you might not need to unlock is that you are running VinVista/Win7 and the registration information has been stored in the registry VirtualStore.

        The point of my saying this is so that you won’t be surprised when you need to unlock.<g>

        Jim
      • Lynn McLaughlin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 19, 2012

          Thanks for this information Jim. I was surprised though when I copied and pasted in my registration number and it said it was invalid! This was on XP. My Win7 laptop was fine without it, as you suggested. I've written them to ask what the problem is with XP, and will let everyone know when I find out.

          -Lynn

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 21, 2012
            Linda - I am not going to make it to the meeting today because of the snow.  It's still snowing here and I just got home from the store (was on Rte 495) and the highway is OK, but not great.  I would be leaving here in an hour for Burlington and need to drive Rtes 495, MassPike & 128 and really don't want to deal with crazy drivers (including me).  I am south of Boston and suppose to get more snow then north.  I will see you all in two months and I will bring the snacks if you want.  Please post whatever is given out at today's meeting.  Thanks.  Toni

            Toni  Picariello, 508-966-2764; work: 617-439-0305
            FinCom & CIC Member & Cle21rk
            "ONLY 3 years, 4 months,    days until I retire!!"
            Having a Whale of a time living life's "305" foot ups & downs!!