Reminder: John Cardinal Workshop on Second Site, Saturday November 15th at NEHGS

  • Edward A. Feustel
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2008
      The Boston Area TMG Users Group will meet at the New England
      Historical and Genealogical Society at 99 Newbury ST., Boston MA.on
      November 15th. *The formal meeting will be from 1 PM to 4 PM
      This meeting be entirely devoted to Second Site, the web site builder
      for TMG. *

      We are honored to have as speaker John Cardinal, the program's author,
      who will provide an overview of the program and show typical applications
      including using Second Site to create a public web site, a CD to distribute
      to relatives and friends, or a personal-use site for doing a broad
      review of your
      TMG project data. In the second half of the session, John will discuss
      customization techniques that will be of interest to both new and
      experienced
      users, and he will also demonstrate new features that are due to be
      released
      soon including maps and calendars. Some of the lecture material will be
      drawn from presentations John made on the recent TMG Genealogy
      Conference and Cruise. With three hours, we'll have time to get familiar
      with the program and John will include plenty of time for Q&A.

      Because of this three hour presentation we will defer questions on TMG
      to the TMG list or in the half hour before the general meeting.

      *It would be helpful to know how many are coming so that we can adjust
      seating.
      We can accommodate 25 in one arrangement and about 40 in the other.
      Please let me know if you plan to attend. *

      Looking forward to seeing you there.
      Ed Feustel
      (603)298-5716
    • Lawrence Sands