Boston Area TUG: John Cardinal Workshop on Second Site, Saturday November 15th at NEHGS

  • Edward A. Feustel
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
      The Boston Area TMG Users Group will meet at the New England
      Historical and Genealogical Society at 99 Newbury ST., Boston MA.on
      November 15th. The formal meeting will be from 1 PM to 4 PM
      This meeting be entirely devoted to Second Site, the web site builder
      for TMG.

      We are honored to have as speaker John Cardinal, the program's author,
      who will provide an overview of the program and show typical applications
      including using Second Site to create a public web site, a CD to distribute
      to relatives and friends, or a personal-use site for doing a broad
      review of your
      TMG project data. In the second half of the session, John will discuss
      customization techniques that will be of interest to both new and
      experienced
      users, and he will also demonstrate new features that are due to be
      released
      soon including maps and calendars. Some of the lecture material will be
      drawn from presentations John made on the recent TMG Genealogy
      Conference and Cruise. With three hours, we'll have time to get familiar
      with the program and John will include plenty of time for Q&A.

      Because of this three hour presentation we will defer questions on TMG
      to the TMG list or in the half hour before the general meeting.

      It would be helpful to know how many are coming so that we can adjust
      seating.
      We can accommodate 25 in one arrangement and about 40 in the other.
      Please let me know if you plan to attend.

      Looking forward to seeing you there.
      Ed Feustel
      (603)298-5716
    • King F. Lowe
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008

        Please include me in those planning to attend.

        Thank you,

        King Lowe

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
          Hi Ed:
          I will be there!
          Thanks, Francie Ricketson

          On Nov 4, 2008, at 11:46 AM, Edward A. Feustel wrote:

[...]

        • David Velten
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008

            Ed,

            I’ll be at the Nov. 15 meeting

            --Dave Velten

          • CAROLYN MARKS
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
              Ed,
              I am tied up all morning but may be able to get in after 2pm
              if that is not a problem.
              Carolyn

              Edward A. Feustel wrote:

              > The Boston Area TMG Users Group will meet at the New England
              > Historical and Genealogical Society at 99 Newbury ST., Boston MA.on
              > November 15th. The formal meeting will be from 1 PM to 4 PM
              > This meeting be entirely devoted to Second Site, the web site builder
              > for TMG.
              >
              > We are honored to have as speaker John Cardinal, the program's author,
              > who will provide an overview of the program and show typical applications
              > including using Second Site to create a public web site, a CD to
              > distribute
              > to relatives and friends, or a personal-use site for doing a broad
              > review of your
              > TMG project data. In the second half of the session, John will discuss
              > customization techniques that will be of interest to both new and
              > experienced
              > users, and he will also demonstrate new features that are due to be
              > released
              > soon including maps and calendars. Some of the lecture material will be
              > drawn from presentations John made on the recent TMG Genealogy
              > Conference and Cruise. With three hours, we'll have time to get familiar
              > with the program and John will include plenty of time for Q&A.
              >
              > Because of this three hour presentation we will defer questions on TMG
              > to the TMG list or in the half hour before the general meeting.
              >
              > It would be helpful to know how many are coming so that we can adjust
              > seating.
              > We can accommodate 25 in one arrangement and about 40 in the other.
              > Please let me know if you plan to attend.
              >
              > Looking forward to seeing you there.
              > Ed Feustel
              > (603)298-5716

            • Donna Milley
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 5, 2008
                Hi Ed,
                I would like to come to the November 15th meeting. I was at the first
                start-up meeting in Woburn and then due to an unexpected series of
                life-altering events, I haven't even thought of genealogy til now. I'm
                looking forward to getting back to data-entry!
                Donna Kirby Milley

                --
                donnamilley@...