Boston Area TUG meeting, Saturday May 17th, NEHGS

  • Edward A. Feustel
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5 4:08 AM
      We will meet from 1-4 PM as usual at NEHGS on Saturday May 17th.
      We are back to our bimonthly schedule, meeting on the third
      Saturday every other month: May, July, September ... Put it on
      your calendar.

      This month: Jim Byram will give a talk on Filters. This will be followed
      by your questions on TMG and related software. After questions, Linda
      and I will give an interactive talk on Charts and their refinement.

      We still need persons to serve on the Program committee. We
      would like to have a meeting this summer to determine the
      topics of programs for all of next year.

      We also could use volunteers to serve as officers, formally
      or informally.

      The TUG can only be as useful as you the members make it
      by your participation in meetings and the organization,
      in giving programs, and by sharing your experience and ideas with others.

      Those wishing to join us should consider joining the BostonAreaTUG group
      at www.yahoogroups.com to keep informed of our activities.

      Regards,
      Ed Feustel
      (603)298-5716
    • fdr108a
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7 4:52 PM
        Ed: I would be willing to do a presentation early spring next year.

        This summer I am moving to Providence and, when settled, plan to start
        doing much more with my genealogy. I have at least four boxes full of
        paper with data to enter on TMG, so I hope to be more comfortable with
        the data entry process using the latest version.

        I am going on the Wholly Genes cruise this fall. Any other Boston
        Area TUG members going?

        Ed: You have worked very hard getting this user group started. I
        thank you for it and will help out as soon as my move is behind me.

        I will miss the May 17th meeting as I am Treasurer and responsible for
        the cashiers at our garden club plant sale.

        Thanks, Francie
      • Edward A. Feustel
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7 5:02 PM
          fdr108a wrote:

          > Ed: I would be willing to do a presentation early spring next year.
          >
          > This summer I am moving to Providence and, when settled, plan to start
          > doing much more with my genealogy. I have at least four boxes full of
          > paper with data to enter on TMG, so I hope to be more comfortable with
          > the data entry process using the latest version.
          >
          > I am going on the Wholly Genes cruise this fall. Any other Boston
          > Area TUG members going?
          >
          > Ed: You have worked very hard getting this user group started. I
          > thank you for it and will help out as soon as my move is behind me.
          >
          > I will miss the May 17th meeting as I am Treasurer and responsible for
          > the cashiers at our garden club plant sale.
          >
          > Thanks, Francie

          Francie,
          We will take you up on it next year.
          Have a great move and happy entering data.
          We will see you later this summer or fall.
          Take care,
          Ed Feustel