Re: [BostonAreaTUG] How do you enter a "Boarder"

  • Dick Shryock
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2008
      Toni,

      There are a couple of ways that this can be done, as Bob pointed out the
      person can be listed as a witness to the census. Another more advanced
      way is to add a new role to the census called boarder and design an
      appropriate sentence for that role such as: [W] appeared on the 1930
      Federal Census <of [LCI],>< [LCN],> [LS] in the household of [P] <and
      [PO]>, as a boarder <[WM]><[M]>.

      Terry Reigel, has good information about using roles in sentences at:
      http://tmg.reigelridge.com/Sentences.htm

      I always add boarders and other unrelated people to my data base, there
      is no telling when that boarder may end up marring one of the children
      in the household.

      Be sure to add the boarder as an unrelated person to your database.

      Hope that this helps.

      Dick Shryock
      On the rock bound coast of Maine