Re: [BostonAreaTUG] BostonAreaTUG Program TOMORROW: TMG V7 and Second Site 2.1 at NEHGS

  • Eileen Sullivan Tormey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2008

      Sadly, I will not be able to make it tomorrow - my injured shoulder turned out to be a tad bit worse then first thought.  I will be there for the next one - it should be warmer by then.  In the mean time, I am going to re-read Lee Hoffman's book.

      Eileen Sullivan Tormey

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 19, 2008
        Sorry that I was unable to attend the meeting today. It sure looked
        like a good series of topics to discuss. I did want to say, however,
        that I'd still like to work on the program committee for future meetings.

        -d

        Dick Shryock
        On the rock bound coast of Maine

        Edward A. Feustel wrote:

        > The Boston Area TMG Users Group will hold its regular bimonthly meeting
        > Saturday, January 19, 2008 at the New England Historic and
        > Genealogical Society(NEHGS) Library in Boston Massachusetts,
        > from 1 PM to 4 PM in the Conference Room on the 2nd floor.
        > You do not need to be a member of NEHGS to attend the meeting.
        > There is no charge, but donations to help us pay for the use of room
        > will be gratefully accepted.
        >
        > See
        > http://www.newenglandancestors.org/about/visit_nehgs/visit_main.asp
        > <http://www.newenglandancestors.org/about/visit_nehgs/visit_main.asp>
        > for driving/parking directions and directions for using public
        > transportation to get
        > to Copley or Arlington stations.
        >
        > This meeting will have four parts and will focus on use of the programs:
        > "The Master Genealogist" (TMG) and "Second Site".
        >
        > 1. Jim Byram will discuss new features in TMG Version 7!
        > 2. Experienced users will be present to answer your questions about
        > basic and advanced use of the program.
        > 3. 15 minute business meeting
        > 4. Robert Perry will introduce us to John Cardinal's program "Second
        > Site" that is an exceptionally good way to share our work with others,
        > on-line or via CD-ROM
        >
        > The room will be configured with work tables and A.C. power.
        > Bring your laptops and/or databases so that you can work along
        > with us and illustrate your problems and/or solutions.
        >
        > You can obtain copies of "Second Site" Version 2 at the
        > Wholly Genes web site, where the latest version of TMG
        > and its updates may also be obtained.
        >
        > Suggestions/presenters for the program for the next (March) meeting will
        > be sought.
        >
        > Make the day a "Genealogy Day"; spend the morning researching and the
        > afternoon with us learning how to record, display, and share your
        > information.
        >
        > Ed Feustel
        > (603)298-5716
        > efeustel@... <mailto:efeustel%40hughes.net>

      • Jim Byram
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 19, 2008
          Some useful links related to the talks today...

          TMG7 new features (simple version)
          http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=9000

          TMG7 new features (formatted version with screenshots)
          http://www.whollygenes.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=TMGNEW7

          Keith Winters' gallery of websites created with Second Site 2
          http://winters-online.net/ss2websites/

          Example Second Site 2 websites
          http://www.johncardinal.com/ss/examples.htm

          Jim