4RE: Boston-area TMG user's meeting

  • Edward A. Feustel
    Apr 14, 2007
      John,
      Thanks for your comments.

      Non-BostonTUG-members so far are Lillian and Jim. There are 6 members
      and two non members
      of us so far. Only members may post, but all may look at the archives.
      If you want me to limit
      access to the archives, I will.

      Perhaps Linda could fill us in on parking. I understand that there is
      some available in the immediate area.
      As to the cost, I would hope that we would have more than the 8 of us
      present. If only 8 will come, then I agree
      we should seek other quarters. I believe both Jim and Linda suggested
      we meet at their houses (I may not be remembering
      correctly). I would hope that our meetings would bring 25-50 people
      within a matter of a few months. That is
      too many for a residence.

      It is my understanding that the Library is open in the morning, so a person
      coming a distance such as I (130 miles each way) would be encouraged by
      visiting it first and then staying
      after Lunch for the Boston TUG group. I certainly am open to other
      venues, but am not in a position to
      search them out. . But the library has good facilities for projection
      from a desktop. This turned out to be
      important in the Arlington RUG meetings. Further because of the issues
      of Homeland Security, many
      venues once open are now closed.

      The insurance issue does not bother me that much. Perhaps I am naive.
      Perhaps because we are asking for donations and I am fronting them,
      I would be the only person responsible.

      What do others have to say?
      Regards,
      Ed Feustel