2Re: [Fwd: RE: Boston-area TMG user's meeting]

  • Edward A. Feustel
    Apr 14, 2007
      Linda,
      Thank you for your hard work!

      I have also copied the BostonTUG@yahoogroups.com  because all mail to it is archived and it can be
      found through search of the yahoogroups. (This means you may get this twice.) Let's try to
      always include BostonTUG in the future. Those not wishing to join the BostonTUG group
      on yahoogroups should let us know so that we can address mail to them separately.

      Let's meet for two months, preferably not on the second Saturday of the month.
      I am willing to advance the funds for the deposit. We need to advertise as
      widely as possible and indicate that we need donations to cover costs.

      A beginner's session featuring one of the following might be a good starter:
      1. Data Entry
      2. Search for direct ancestors
      3. Simple report
      4. Preferences for the program
      5. Conversion of a data set to TMG.
      A second session the same day might feature user's questions
      and answers from the assembled group.

      Alternatively, I have the TMG Advanced DVD that we could use for part of the program.
      In the future, if John Cardinal could introduce us to Second Site that would be useful.

      If these ideas don't meet the needs of the group, I'll try to find some additional ones
      from the Arlington RUG.

      What do others think/need/hope to get out of the group?
      Ed Feustel
      (603)298-5716

      Linda Reinfeld wrote:
      Hi Everyone -

      I finally got a response from Marie at NEHGS - and the reason for her delay. I guess I am naive, but I didn't expect to have to 'rent' the facility. But it does make sense. I'm not sure how to co-ordinate this, but everyone should e-mail everyone and share ideas. I think my idea is that we should meet a couple of times to make sure there is interest & people can attend meetings, and then sign up with the society. Everyone's idea should be shared - whatever you're thinking.

      Linda Reinfeld

      PS - Excuse this if I am not doing this correctly - I have never started a group like his (or actually even attended one!)
      PPS - There is a 5-page document attached to this which identifies the facilities at the society. If you can't download this, let me know....