Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Can anyone in here dispute the following claims against The Boss600?

Expand Messages
  • ris_ilient
    I will say first of all that only a complete idiot would buy this, I guess thats the reason I bought it. I am fully asserting that this piece of gear is
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      I will say first of all that only a "complete" idiot would buy this, I
      guess thats the reason I bought it.
      I am fully asserting that this piece of gear is absolute crap because
      of it's limited ability to produce quality loops for playback and
      editing. This "overpriced" recorder has a "one whole second buffer"
      that directly hinders it's capabilities. This machine "cannot loop on
      the beat". It always cues up the loop on the first beat of the measure,
      the quantize function does not fix this! Also goodluck on using any of
      the reverb effects because of the decay time (so no quality copy and
      pasting). The instruction manual is really unclear on how to design and
      then organize your own drum tracks. I had to ping-pong for 8 hours
      between two and three chapters that lacked all sufficient "how to"
      details. In a way this piece of junk reflects most of the products made
      in Information Age. I am willing to bet my life that Boss Co. compiles
      expertly opinionated information and then builds products that "lack
      the professional grade details". Basically all of the poor people will
      never be able to record their own music with any amount of quality
      because they can't afford "the good stuff".
    • Stephen Markowitz
      Everybody is entitled to their opinion, the BR600 does everything I need. Marko ... Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        Everybody is entitled to their opinion, the BR600 does everything I need.
         
        Marko




        Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!
      • Stephen
        Interesting comment. I have mastered several recordings from Backing track to live performances and have had no problems with the recorder, used vocal effects
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          Interesting comment. I have mastered several recordings from Backing
          track to live performances and have had no problems with the
          recorder, used vocal effects and reverb and it came out wonderful.
          Would have been better if I didn't have like 1 hour to get it
          completed but all in all this thing rocks. Also I have never used
          the manual that much just to see how to bounce to a master.




          --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "ris_ilient" <ris_ilient@...> wrote:
          >
          > I will say first of all that only a "complete" idiot would buy
          this, I
          > guess thats the reason I bought it.
          > I am fully asserting that this piece of gear is absolute crap
          because
          > of it's limited ability to produce quality loops for playback and
          > editing. This "overpriced" recorder has a "one whole second buffer"
          > that directly hinders it's capabilities. This machine "cannot loop
          on
          > the beat". It always cues up the loop on the first beat of the
          measure,
          > the quantize function does not fix this! Also goodluck on using any
          of
          > the reverb effects because of the decay time (so no quality copy and
          > pasting). The instruction manual is really unclear on how to design
          and
          > then organize your own drum tracks. I had to ping-pong for 8 hours
          > between two and three chapters that lacked all sufficient "how to"
          > details. In a way this piece of junk reflects most of the products
          made
          > in Information Age. I am willing to bet my life that Boss Co.
          compiles
          > expertly opinionated information and then builds products that "lack
          > the professional grade details". Basically all of the poor people
          will
          > never be able to record their own music with any amount of quality
          > because they can't afford "the good stuff".
          >
        • Barry Root
          In my opinion, any musician trying to work with computers, digital devices or anything employing multi-functioning buttons is entitled to throw a fit every now
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            In my opinion, any musician trying to work with computers, digital devices or anything
            employing multi-functioning buttons is entitled to throw a fit every now and then without
            penalty. I hope today is a better day for you.

            Best regards,
            Barry Root (newbie, still staring at the instruction manual)
          • sixtyfourguitars
            ... I m no expert on looping but the BR-600 seems to do a pretty good job of it in this demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTLT8u--byk If you take the
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "ris_ilient" <ris_ilient@...> wrote:
              >
              > I am fully asserting that this piece of gear is absolute crap because
              > of it's limited ability to produce quality loops for playback and
              > editing. This "overpriced" recorder has a "one whole second buffer"
              > that directly hinders it's capabilities. This machine "cannot loop on
              > the beat". It always cues up the loop on the first beat of the
              > measure, the quantize function does not fix this!

              I'm no expert on looping but the BR-600 seems to do a pretty good job
              of it in this demo video:

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTLT8u--byk

              If you take the time to learn about the machine, you might be
              surprised at its capabilities.

              - 64Guitars
              http://www.geocities.com/sixtyfourguitars/BossBr/
            • ris_ilient
              ... I am just dropping you a line to say thanks for your subjective criticism; because of your support I now better understand the Br-600. Thanks!
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 7, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Markowitz <sd48marko@...> wrote:
                >
                > Everybody is entitled to their opinion, the BR600 does everything
                > I need.
                >
                > Marko

                I am just dropping you a line to say thanks for your subjective
                criticism; because of your support I now better understand the Br-600.
                Thanks!
              • Stephen Markowitz
                And Thank you also, that s why this is called a forum. Understand that I use the BR600 in a very elementary way, as a step in creating practice CDs for our
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 7, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                  And Thank you also,  that's why this is called a forum.
                   
                  Understand that I use the BR600 in a very elementary way,  as a step in creating practice CDs for our church's Praise ensemble.
                   
                  So many times our music director throws us a curve and digs some 100 year old hymn out of the past.  Nobody has ever heard it or heard of it for that matter.
                   
                  What I do is play it into my computer on a USB attached keyboard controller using Sibelius.  I then record it into the BR600.  After that I export it back into the PC as a wave and burn everybody a music CD.
                   
                  No exotic mastering, no real editing, occasionally I add myself playing bass guitar. To me its just a digital recorder.
                   
                  There is a way of going straight from Sibelius to wave but it takes good sounds and makes them sound like a bunch of honks and bleeps.
                   
                  Marko

                  ris_ilient <ris_ilient@...> wrote:
                  --- In BossBr@yahoogroups. com, Stephen Markowitz <sd48marko@. ..> wrote:
                  >
                  > Everybody is entitled to their opinion, the BR600 does everything
                  > I need.
                  >
                  > Marko

                  I am just dropping you a line to say thanks for your subjective
                  criticism; because of your support I now better understand the Br-600.
                  Thanks!



                  Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on Yahoo! TV.

                • John Doe
                  Thanks! Stephen Markowitz wrote: And Thank you also, that s why this is called a forum. Understand that I use the BR600 in a very
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 19, 2007
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Thanks!   
                    Stephen Markowitz <sd48marko@...> wrote:
                    And Thank you also,  that's why this is called a forum.
                     
                    Understand that I use the BR600 in a very elementary way,  as a step in creating practice CDs for our church's Praise ensemble.
                     
                    So many times our music director throws us a curve and digs some 100 year old hymn out of the past.  Nobody has ever heard it or heard of it for that matter.
                     
                    What I do is play it into my computer on a USB attached keyboard controller using Sibelius.  I then record it into the BR600.  After that I export it back into the PC as a wave and burn everybody a music CD.
                     
                    No exotic mastering, no real editing, occasionally I add myself playing bass guitar. To me its just a digital recorder.
                     
                    There is a way of going straight from Sibelius to wave but it takes good sounds and makes them sound like a bunch of honks and bleeps.
                     
                    Marko

                    ris_ilient <ris_ilient@yahoo. com> wrote:
                    --- In BossBr@yahoogroups. com, Stephen Markowitz <sd48marko@. ..> wrote:
                    >
                    > Everybody is entitled to their opinion, the BR600 does everything
                    > I need.
                    >
                    > Marko

                    I am just dropping you a line to say thanks for your subjective
                    criticism; because of your support I now better understand the Br-600.
                    Thanks!



                    Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on Yahoo! TV.

                    __________________________________________________
                    Do You Yahoo!?
                    Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Michael
                    ... this, I ... because ... on ... measure, ... of ... and ... made ... compiles ... will ... I tend to think you are one of those that expect immediate
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 20, 2007
                    • 0 Attachment
                      --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "ris_ilient" <ris_ilient@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > I will say first of all that only a "complete" idiot would buy
                      this, I
                      > guess thats the reason I bought it.
                      > I am fully asserting that this piece of gear is absolute crap
                      because
                      > of it's limited ability to produce quality loops for playback and
                      > editing. This "overpriced" recorder has a "one whole second buffer"
                      > that directly hinders it's capabilities. This machine "cannot loop
                      on
                      > the beat". It always cues up the loop on the first beat of the
                      measure,
                      > the quantize function does not fix this! Also goodluck on using any
                      of
                      > the reverb effects because of the decay time (so no quality copy and
                      > pasting). The instruction manual is really unclear on how to design
                      and
                      > then organize your own drum tracks. I had to ping-pong for 8 hours
                      > between two and three chapters that lacked all sufficient "how to"
                      > details. In a way this piece of junk reflects most of the products
                      made
                      > in Information Age. I am willing to bet my life that Boss Co.
                      compiles
                      > expertly opinionated information and then builds products that "lack
                      > the professional grade details". Basically all of the poor people
                      will
                      > never be able to record their own music with any amount of quality
                      > because they can't afford "the good stuff".
                      >

                      I tend to think you are one of those that expect immediate
                      gradification with very little effort on your part when it comes to
                      electronic devices and computers and such. This unit takes some time
                      to understand its processes, but after spending some time working on
                      a few projects from start to finish, I think you will find its pretty
                      powerful. It may not do everything the best, but there are usually
                      multiple ways to accomplish the same thing. I do not see the
                      limitations you claim on looping for Rythmns(Maybe you don't know the
                      full power of arrangments yet), and I have played drums for over 20
                      years, and guitar for 6 now. If you have more money to spend to get
                      what you are looking for(And I doubt you will find one unit that will
                      do it all) go for it, but its been pretty well established that this
                      unit is the best bang for your buck at around $300 - If you don't
                      believe me, read all the reviews on www.harmonycenttal.com - As a
                      musician I am sure you are well aware of the objective reviews on
                      there for musical equipment.

                      If its not for you, fine, but don't come on this group that's
                      dedicated to us BR users and indirectly call us "idiots". That's not
                      what this site is for. Its to help fellow users with the unit.
                    • kvcc_davies
                      I guess i m a complete idiot. I love this inexpensive device, it has given me the ability to put my creativity to use in ways I never could have years ago. For
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 21, 2007
                      • 0 Attachment
                        I guess i'm a complete idiot.
                        I love this inexpensive device, it has given me the ability to put
                        my creativity to use in ways I never could have years ago.
                        For a few $ you get a portable device , where basically all you need
                        is a guitar, and you can make a respectable sounding song.
                        No, it's not the latest mega $$$$ studio recording, but it's
                        respectable.
                        I love my BR thanks...I consider myself one of the fortunate ones...




                        --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "ris_ilient" <ris_ilient@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > I will say first of all that only a "complete" idiot would buy
                        this, I
                        > guess thats the reason I bought it.
                        > I am fully asserting that this piece of gear is absolute crap
                        because
                        > of it's limited ability to produce quality loops for playback and
                        > editing. This "overpriced" recorder has a "one whole second buffer"
                        > that directly hinders it's capabilities. This machine "cannot loop
                        on
                        > the beat". It always cues up the loop on the first beat of the
                        measure,
                        > the quantize function does not fix this! Also goodluck on using
                        any of
                        > the reverb effects because of the decay time (so no quality copy
                        and
                        > pasting). The instruction manual is really unclear on how to
                        design and
                        > then organize your own drum tracks. I had to ping-pong for 8 hours
                        > between two and three chapters that lacked all sufficient "how to"
                        > details. In a way this piece of junk reflects most of the products
                        made
                        > in Information Age. I am willing to bet my life that Boss Co.
                        compiles
                        > expertly opinionated information and then builds products
                        that "lack
                        > the professional grade details". Basically all of the poor people
                        will
                        > never be able to record their own music with any amount of quality
                        > because they can't afford "the good stuff".
                        >
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.