Re: Midi file import

  • ~V~ phangeaux
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
      Boss BR SuperGroup
      ---ORIGINAL MESSAGE---

      Posted by: "Stephen" s-crocker@...   win2kguy2003

      Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:52 pm (PST)

      I have a question just picked up a Br-600, I want to import some
      backing tracks using midi. (mainly percussion) I understand the SMF is
      Standard Midi Format.
      I use Guitar Pro that can export to Midi files. I have looked at the
      other postings and don't quite understand how to get them from .mid
      file into the recorder. I have tried this a couple of times and I get
      the no file found.

      Has anyone ever done this and if so how. I would really appreciate it
      alot.<<<
      =============================
      This FAQ from the Roland site (happens to be a BR864 FAQ) but may apply to your problem.  You'll have to go to the url (link) to see the image of the file structure:

      quote:
      >Data in the BR-864's memory card incorporates the
      data structure shown in the illustration below. When you backup BR-864 data to your computer, or restore BR-864 backup data from your computer back into the BR-864, you should handle only the "ROLAND" folder, and no other folder.
      >>If you are having difficulty recovering data, check the following:
      • Folder name
        Is the folder on your computer that contains the BR-864 backup data named "ROLAND" in single-byte characters?
        If this folder is named differently and you copy it to the BR-864, the BR-864 will not be able to recognize the folder and the data contained in it.
      • File structure within the "ROLAND" folder
        Has the file structure remained unchanged since you backed it up?
        If the file structure has been changed on your computer, you cannot load the data into the BR-864.
      • Backup procedure
        When backing up BR-864 data to the computer, the "ROLAND" folder and all its contents must be copied.
        If you backed up only some folders within the "ROLAND" folder (such as the "BR0" or "SONG" folders), you won't be able to reload the data back into the BR-864.
      source url (you may have to copy and paste this url into your browser if  it doesn't work when you click on it:
      http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/faq.cfm?iCncd=34&FAQ=EN04-04704&dsp=1&ln=en&prd=BR864

      Phangeaux.
      all blues, near Seattle WA

    • ~V~ phangeaux
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
        Boss BR SuperGroup
        Oops! Sorry, that may not apply to your specific  question, but may apply to other 'File Not Found' issues.  I have never imported a midi file so I don't know.  I didn't look in the manual,  I just happened to find that FAQ the other day.