Error Message

  • awatts1@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 5 9:53 AM
      I have a BR600; I keep getting an error message when exporting my compositions from the BR600 to my pc. After making tracks, bouncing and mastering, I go to export from my recorder to my pc. Everything cycles well until I try to copy from BossBR600/Roland/USB to my BossBR600 folder on my desktop. When my pc finishes transferring to the folder, I get an error message that the copy failed due to the parameters being incorrect. I cannot find this error message anywhere in the manual nor online. I have a Sandisk 1G card that works well, but then will fail. I will initialize the card, and the recorder works ok for a while then fails. Today, it is failing on the Boss memory card. Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
    • Chuck Cheek
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 10 1:14 PM
        Initially this sounds like a problem with your PC rather than the BR600. But just to be clear... You are aware that the transfer process is a 2 step operation? First the BR600 converts the BR data to a .wav file and then transfers it through the USB connection to the PC folder.

        To: BossBr@yahoogroups.com
        From: watts1625@...
        Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:53:09 +0000
        Subject: [BossBr] Error Message

      • racherry@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 10 3:13 PM
          Reinitialize the card

          Sent from my MOTOROLA ATRIX™ 2 on AT&T.

          To: BossBr@yahoogroups.com
          From: watts1625@...
          Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:53:09 +0000

          I have a BR600; I keep getting an error message when exporting my compositions from the BR600 to my pc. After making tracks, bouncing and mastering, I go to export from my recorder to my pc. Everything cycles well until I try to copy from BossBR600/Roland/USB to my BossBR600 folder on my desktop. When my pc finishes transferring to the folder, I get an error message that the copy failed due to the parameters being incorrect. I cannot find this error message anywhere in the manual nor online. I have a Sandisk 1G card that works well, but then will fail. I will initialize the card, and the recorder works ok for a while then fails. Today, it is failing on the Boss memory card. Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

        • Buddy Watts
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 10 4:20 PM

            Thanks for the reply; however, I have tried 2 completely different computers. I have reinitialized the card several times. I can turn the BR600 off and let it sit for a while and it exports perfectly. It’s beginning to get aggravating since I lose all my work when I initialize the card. Oh well, there may be an answer out there somewhere.

            To: BossBr@yahoogroups.com
            From: watts1625@...
            Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:53:09 +0000

            I have a BR600; I keep getting an error message when exporting my compositions from the BR600 to my pc. After making tracks, bouncing and mastering, I go to export from my recorder to my pc. Everything cycles well until I try to copy from BossBR600/Roland/USB to my BossBR600 folder on my desktop. When my pc finishes transferring to the folder, I get an error message that the copy failed due to the parameters being incorrect. I cannot find this error message anywhere in the manual nor online. I have a Sandisk 1G card that works well, but then will fail. I will initialize the card, and the recorder works ok for a while then fails. Today, it is failing on the Boss memory card. Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

          • markpearson_2000
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 12 3:24 AM
              Are you using the wave converter software from Boss?

              You can get it here

              http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=BR-600

              Use the USB backup function to transfer the BR600 files to wav files.

              --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "Buddy Watts" <watts1625@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for the reply; however, I have tried 2 completely different
              > computers. I have reinitialized the card several times. I can turn the BR600
              > off and let it sit for a while and it exports perfectly. It's beginning to
              > get aggravating since I lose all my work when I initialize the card. Oh
              > well, there may be an answer out there somewhere.
              >

              > _____

            • Buddy Watts
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 12 7:16 AM
                No, I'm not. Also, I have been using export rather than backup. I'll download the software and see if that corrects my issue.

                Thanks for the help.

                Buddy

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Mar 12, 2012, at 5:24 AM, "markpearson_2000" <markpearson_2000@...> wrote:

                Are you using the wave converter software from Boss?

                You can get it here

                http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=BR-600

                Use the USB backup function to transfer the BR600 files to wav files.

                --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "Buddy Watts" <watts1625@...> wrote:

                > Thanks for the reply; however, I have tried 2 completely different
                > computers. I have reinitialized the card several times. I can turn the BR600
                > off and let it sit for a while and it exports perfectly. It's beginning to
                > get aggravating since I lose all my work when I initialize the card. Oh
                > well, there may be an answer out there somewhere.
                >

                > _____

              • Buddy Watts
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 12 3:46 PM

                  I apologize for being difficult, but I have another question. I downloaded the wave converter to my pc and installed it. However, when I launce it, I don’t see anything populated. Instruction 6-3 tells me to “select a memory care”. Is the software supposed to link with the BR600 when launched, or do I remove the memory card from the BR600 and install it in a memory card drive? I have been all over the Bossusa website support and can’t find any information except for the 6 pages of instructions.

                  I also tried to do a backup as instructed, but I got the same “parameters not correct” error message.

                  Buddy

                  Are you using the wave converter software from Boss?

                  You can get it here

                  http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=BR-600

                  Use the USB backup function to transfer the BR600 files to wav files.

                  --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "Buddy Watts" <watts1625@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for the reply; however, I have tried 2 completely different
                  > computers. I have reinitialized the card several times. I can turn the
                  BR600
                  > off and let it sit for a while and it exports perfectly. It's beginning to
                  > get aggravating since I lose all my work when I initialize the card. Oh
                  > well, there may be an answer out there somewhere.
                  >

                  > _____

                • sixtyfourguitars
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 12 9:41 PM
                    --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "Buddy Watts" <watts1625@...> wrote:

                    > I apologize for being difficult, but I have another question. I downloaded
                    > the wave converter to my pc and installed it. However, when I launce it, I
                    > don't see anything populated. Instruction 6-3 tells me to "select a memory
                    > care". Is the software supposed to link with the BR600 when launched, or do
                    > I remove the memory card from the BR600 and install it in a memory card
                    > drive?

                    It's important that you connect your BR to your computer and put the BR into Backup Mode before you launch the BR Wave Converter software. The software only looks for an attached BR once on startup. If the BR is not connected and in backup mode at that time, the software won't see it. So you'll have to exit the program, make sure the BR is connected and in Backup Mode, then restart the program.

                    Alternatively, you can remove the memory card from the BR and insert it into a card reader attached to your computer. But, again, the card must be recognized by the computer before you start the software.

                  • Buddy Watts
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 13 4:36 AM
                      Thanks; I figured that out late last night; a little practice and I'll get the hang of it. I appreciate the help.

                      Buddy

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On Mar 12, 2012, at 11:41 PM, "sixtyfourguitars" <sixtyfourguitars@...> wrote:

                      --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "Buddy Watts" <watts1625@...> wrote:

                      > I apologize for being difficult, but I have another question. I downloaded
                      > the wave converter to my pc and installed it. However, when I launce it, I
                      > don't see anything populated. Instruction 6-3 tells me to "select a memory
                      > care". Is the software supposed to link with the BR600 when launched, or do
                      > I remove the memory card from the BR600 and install it in a memory card
                      > drive?

                      It's important that you connect your BR to your computer and put the BR into Backup Mode before you launch the BR Wave Converter software. The software only looks for an attached BR once on startup. If the BR is not connected and in backup mode at that time, the software won't see it. So you'll have to exit the program, make sure the BR is connected and in Backup Mode, then restart the program.

                      Alternatively, you can remove the memory card from the BR and insert it into a card reader attached to your computer. But, again, the card must be recognized by the computer before you start the software.

                    • musiclover1966
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 13 5:05 PM
                        I've had problems with USB export working properly on several laptops. I don't know if it's chipset incompatibilities or older cheaper parts. But I recommend you try another computer that has USB ports on it.

                        Gene

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 13 8:15 PM
                          Since downloading the wave converter and doing a backup to my laptop, everything seems to be working.

                          Thanks

                          Buddy

                          Sent from my iPhone