BR-864 Compact Flash Card "not recognized"

  • Christopher
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2010
      I am using the SanDisk 1 GB Card Model SDCFB-1024-A10 successfully with my BR-600. It worked fine even BEFORE I upgraded the firmware on the BR-600.

      I sent this same model card to a pal that uses the BR-864 and he states that his BR-864 unit is displaying a "card not recognized" message.

      Is there a "work around" or a system upgrade similar to the BR-600 that addresses this CF Card compatibility issue?

      Is anyone using the SanDisk SDCFB-1024-A10 successfully with their BR-864?
    • Dave Buell
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2010
        Does the card need to be "initialized" in the BR-864?

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2010
          Am 04.02.2010 15:58, schrieb Christopher:
          > I sent this same model card to a pal that uses the BR-864 and he states
          > that his BR-864 unit is displaying a "card not recognized" message.
          >
          > Is there a "work around" or a system upgrade similar to the BR-600 that
          > addresses this CF Card compatibility issue?

          Does he just want to use the card for his own recording or do you both
          want to exchange recordings?

          There is a version number in the song data on the card. This is
          different for the BR-600 and the BR-600. You can try to chaneg this
          version numer with a hex editor or a small Python script I wrote a while
          ago. Look in the "files" section of the group's web interface under
          "Software" for "fixbrid.py"

          Also search the message archive for a discussion on this topic last year
          or 2008.

          Chris
        • Christopher
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2010
            No we are not attempting exchange data. He just wants to expand his capacity with a 1 GB Compact Flash Card. I searched the archived messages on the topic and I really don't get anything definitive. It seems that the same card that works in some BR-864 units will not work in others even when system upgrades are performed. It seems to suggest the either the same model card from a single mfg may actually have different perormance ratings OR there is simply an alarming number of defective cards that are purchased.

            I spoke with Roland again today and they restated that the SanDisk SDCFB-1024-A10 1 GB card works with ALL BR models despite reports to the contrary from users.