The Cask

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
      I just posted a rather rough mix of a new song I'm working on in the
      BR-900 folder of the Recordings file. It's called "The Cask". Drums
      and vocals have to be redone, and it needs a serious remix, but the
      concept is there. Used three different guitar patches here, and two
      vocal patches. All the keys were stereo in (5 synth voices and piano),
      so I ended up with over 30 tracks, including bounces. Whew! That's a
      record for me. ;o)

      Frank
    • Chuck Cheek
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2008
        30 tracks?! I thought I was excessive ;-).... I'll have to wait until I get home from work to listen...

        To: BossBr@yahoogroups.com
        From: frank.dana@...
        Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 01:12:44 +0000
        Subject: [BossBr] The Cask

        I just posted a rather rough mix of a new song I'm working on in the
        BR-900 folder of the Recordings file. It's called "The Cask". Drums
        and vocals have to be redone, and it needs a serious remix, but the
        concept is there. Used three different guitar patches here, and two
        vocal patches. All the keys were stereo in (5 synth voices and piano),
        so I ended up with over 30 tracks, including bounces. Whew! That's a
        record for me. ;o)

        Frank

        Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD with Windows®. Make your smash hit
      • Frank
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 14, 2008
          I just posted an updated mix of "The Cask" in the BR-900 folder. The
          kick still needs to be tamed with more compression or limiting, but I
          think it's better. Comments encouraged.

          Frank

          --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.dana@...> wrote:

          > I just posted a rather rough mix of a new song I'm working on in the
          > BR-900 folder of the Recordings file. It's called "The Cask". Drums
          > and vocals have to be redone, and it needs a serious remix, but the
          > concept is there. Used three different guitar patches here, and two
          > vocal patches. All the keys were stereo in (5 synth voices and piano),
          > so I ended up with over 30 tracks, including bounces. Whew! That's a
          > record for me. ;o)
          >
          > Frank

        • Barrett Root
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 14, 2008
            Nice work, Frank. Great arranging  of all the parts and instruments. I can't imagine how much time that must have taken. Is it an original composition?

            Regards,
            Barry

            On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Frank <frank.dana@...> wrote:

            I just posted an updated mix of "The Cask" in the BR-900 folder. The
            kick still needs to be tamed with more compression or limiting, but I
            think it's better. Comments encouraged.

            Frank

            --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.dana@...> wrote:

            > I just posted a rather rough mix of a new song I'm working on in the
            > BR-900 folder of the Recordings file. It's called "The Cask". Drums
            > and vocals have to be redone, and it needs a serious remix, but the
            > concept is there. Used three different guitar patches here, and two
            > vocal patches. All the keys were stereo in (5 synth voices and piano),
            > so I ended up with over 30 tracks, including bounces. Whew! That's a
            > record for me. ;o)
            >
            > Frank

          • Frank
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 15, 2008
              Thanks, Barry. I appreciate the kind words. Yeah, it's a challenge,
              with all those tracks. I've done a couple mixes, and will probably do
              another before I'm done. There's always a little more tweaking to
              do. ;o) Oh, BTW. Yes, it is my song. Just have to come up with enough
              of 'em for a CD.

              Frank

              --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "Barrett Root" <barrett.root@...>