Re: [BossBr] Re: Bought a keyboard for a fiver.

  • Jim Coon
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 3, 2008
      You could get a program like ABCedit or Tabledit and writeout the music
      in either ABC format or Tabledit format and let the computer play it back.

      http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.coolegem/abcedit.html

      http://www.tabledit.com/

      and others along this line

      http://abcplus.sourceforge.net/

      Angus Manwaring wrote:

      > On 05-Aug-07 22:22:05, sixtyfourguitars said
      >
      > >The BR-600 doesn't have any inputs that are ideal for the signal from
      > >a headphone jack, but the Line In jack will probably work. So you just
      > >need a cable with a stereo mini phone plug on each end (one end plugs
      > >into the Casio's output jack and the other end plugs into the BR's
      > >Line In jack). I assume the output from the CA-110 is mono since it
      > >only has one speaker. The output jack might be stereo to make it
      > >compatible with ordinary stereo headphone plugs (tip-ring-sleeve), but
      > >it's probably wired with the same (mono) signal on both sides. So, you
      > >only need to use one track on the BR. Recording to 2 tracks would be a
      > >waste if it's mono since both tracks would be identical.
      >
      > I finally got round to recording some backing keyboards for a track I'm
      > messing around with, and it worked just as 64 suggested - many thanks!
      >
      > Now all I need is some ability! :)
      >
      > But it'll do as a backing for a rambling guitar solo - in a John Carpenter
      > kind of way.
      >
      > All the best,
      > Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)
      >
      > I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga
      > Game reviews by Amiga players
      > http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/AGDB.html
      > <http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/AGDB.html>

    • Christopher Arndt
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 3, 2008
        Jim Coon schrieb:
        > You could get a program like ABCedit or Tabledit and writeout the music
        > in either ABC format or Tabledit format and let the computer play it back.
        >
        > http://home. quicknet. nl/qn/prive/ j.coolegem/ abcedit.html
        > <http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.coolegem/abcedit.html>
        >
        > http://www.tabledit .com/ <http://www.tabledit.com/>
        >
        > and others along this line
        >
        > http://abcplus. sourceforge. net/ <http://abcplus.sourceforge.net/>

        Thanks for the links! ABC *is* a nice musical notation format.

        Another interesting approach at producing decent accompaniment is MMA (
        Musical MIDI Accompaniment), a kind of poor man's "Band-in-a-Box":

        http://www.mellowood.ca/mma/

        From the website: '"MMA—Musical MIDI Accompaniment" is an accompaniment
        generator. It creates midi tracks for a soloist to perform over from a
        user supplied file containing chords and MMA directives.'

        Chris