Re: WAV format

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
      Thanks for the input guys. As it turns out, I contacted the person who
      posted this file, and found that it had been converted to mp3 @ 24kHz,
      not 44.1kHz. I guess it happened when he went from his 24-bit recorder
      to his 16-bit sound card. He re-did it at 44.1kHz, and it worked fine.
      Something to be aware of, I guess.

      Thanks,
      Frank

      --- In BossBr@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.dana@...> wrote:

      > I commonly convert mp3's to wav, to impoty to my BR-900. Never had a
      > problem. I downloaded an mp3 today (128kbps, same as usual), and ran
      > my conversion. It imported, but when it tried to convert it gave me an
      > "incompatible format" error.
      >
      > When I looked at the wav file, it's 768kbps, whereas all my other wavs
      > are 1411kbps. My questions are; why did this file convert differently
      > (I used the same software I always use), and is there a way to convert
      > it to the proper bit rate?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Frank

    • Bill Shideler
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
        Glad you got it figured out/fixed Frank.

        Bill