Los Angeles, USA: CALL LA CITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION AGAINST THE WAR

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      ACTION ALERT: CALL LA CITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION AGAINST THE WAR
      Date: 1/30/2003 2:11:12 PM Pacific Standard Time
      From: elijah@...

      Calls are needed now:

      Update on the campaign to pass an Anti-War resolution in the LA City Council

      A delegation of 15 people, led by Neighbors for Peace and Justice, including representatives from Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace, Southern California Americans for
      Democratic Action, and Latinos Against the War delivered over 6000 signatures on our anti war petition, letters of endorsements and a list of the 50 city councils around the country who have passed
      similar anti-war resolutions to each city council member. This is where we stand:

      Eric Garcetti, from the 13th district, will introduce the resolution at the city council meeting on Wednesday, January 29.
      We are very close to reaching the 8 votes necessary to pass the resolution.
      The confirmed council members are Eric Garcetti, Cindy Miscikowski , Ed Reyes , Nick Pacheco 14th. Ruth Galanter, and Nate Holden .
      We are targeting the following council members; Alex Padilla , President of the City Council (He is very important and a key vote.), Wendy Greuel , Janice Hahn , Tom LaBonge , and Jan
      Perry .
      We need your help! Please call your council member (even if he/she is a confirmed yes) and either thank them for their support of the resolution or to urge them to vote for the resolution.
      We are so close and know that if we can let them know that their constituency is supporting this resolution, we think we can get it passed. Los Angeles would be the largest city in the
      country to take a stand against this war.

      CALL TODAY. Here are the phone numbers for each council member:
      1st Ed Reyes 213/485-3451
      2nd Wendy Greuel 213/485-3391
      3rd Dennis Zine 213/485-3466
      4th Tom LaBonge 213/485-3337