Fw: Protest INS Registrations & Detentions, Jan 6-10, 11am-1pm (SF)

  • Norma J. F. Harrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2003
      From: "Not in Our Name Bay Area" <NotinOurNameBayArea-bounce-964629448-9374748@...>
      To: <normaha@...>
      Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 11:08 PM
      Subject: Protest INS Registrations & Detentions, Jan 6-10, 11am-1pm (SF)

      EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION - PROTEST THE REGISTRATIONS, DETENTIONS AND ROUND-UPS OF OUR ARAB, MUSLIM, AND SOUTH
      ASIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS

      WHERE: San Francisco INS Office at 444 Washington Street
      WHEN: January 6, 7, 8, 9, and a press conference & Rally on the 10th
      TIME: 11am to 1pm
      WHY: To call for a STOP to the registrations, roundups &
      detentions, Raise awareness and inform others, Monitor the INS activities

      The next deadline, when boys and men from 14 more countries are required to register, is January 10th, 2003.

      INS WE ARE WATCHING YOU! Join folks at the INS building to monitor the INS and there actions. LET THEM NOT LOOK BACK ON HISTORY AND
      SAY WE STOOD BY AND DID NOTHING!

      Concerned Individuals and members of The National Lawyers Guild,
      American Civil Liberties Union, AMILA, ADC, Refuse & Resist,
      Oct 22nd to Stop Police Brutality, If Americans Knew, ASATA,
      Jewish Voice for Peace, International ANSWER, INS Watch, Bay Area Democracy Network, SUSTAIN, Students of Progressive Iranians - UCB
      NOSEI, Women in Black, Middle East Children's Alliance, Not In Our Name (NION) and more!

      We are asking folks to call their contacts, friends, family,
      co-workers, and grassroots organizations so we can have a strong presence in front of the INS building for the whole week of January
      6th through the 10th.

      NEEDS:
      * Shifts of people to pass out literature from 6am to 5pm
      * Groups to help build for the daily protests from 11am-1pm
      * Everybody to show up Friday for Rally & Press Conference!

      For more info, contact one of the following:
      NOT IN OUR NAME ~ 510.938.3055
      ADC-SF ~ 415.861.7444
      NLG ~ 415-285-1055
      Refuse & Resist ~ 510-704-5293