Aug 16-18 Tijuana Borderhack 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2002
      Invitation to Support & Participate in Border hack 2002
      Date: 7/27/2002 6:15:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time
      From: laressandiego@...

      "Tijuana and San Diego are one city, that like Berlin, got divided by
      accidents and things of destiny. Tijuana and San Diego are the same city,
      the "i" city, the point that unites the first and the third world. The
      border imposes it self like a dimensional vortex swallowing the travelers
      with out papers" (metro-pop)

      Borderhack was a romantic act in the coldest age of the 20th century. An
      example that borders exist and need to be hack to understand our
      condition as living beings; beyond NAFTA's and cyberchicks enslave to maquiladoras
      in daily 10 hours shifts. Imagine a camp in the absolute geographic
      corner of Latinamerica, where poverty clashes with freedom and Mexico and USA
      arendivided by a metallic wall. - Fran Ilich -

      In the past we proposed to hack the border, get to know it, try to
      discover what it represents and the role that we get to play in it. To
      understand why this relationship between both sides of the borderline
      havebbeen stressed and hurt by some sectors of the population that have
      encouraged violence and racism, but also understand that strange
      attraction that bind us together.

      Now it's more clear that we are all illegal, the only thing that protect
      us are the circumstances. The obsolete function of the fence it's a fact,
      being force to mutate itself, and do the upgrade to genocidal trap and
      economic/political control mechanism. Women, men, children, seniors, they
      keep dying by the dozens in their attempt to migrate towards the "other
      side", but what they are really searching for it's a way to run away from
      a country that not only doesn't offer them anything, but after denying
      them opportunities, it won't let them have a job that will give them the
      choice of living with dignity.

      Each time is more obvious that it's time to press "delete", and dissolve
      the border; that is the challenge. We are conscience of the force that
      holds together the border dynamic, because of that it's important to
      explore creative ways to fool it, and search loops in the legal systems
      and in the new electronic media, and mobilize our points of struggle.
      One more time we call to a Borderhack, so that together we search for the
      ways that will help us find the key that will let us erase this
      historical accident.

      < DELETE THE BORDER! >

      Borderhack is a festival/camp that is part of the "kein mensch ist
      illegal" chain of bordercamps. It will take place in Tijuana on August
      16th, 17th and 18th of the year 2002. The location of the camp will be in
      the Playas de Tijuana part of the city, in front of the actual border
      fence that divides the third and the first world, and also where it
      penetrates the ocean. The camp will offer net art, photograph exhibits,
      border cinema, ISDN net connections, conferences and workshops, not to
      mention the participation of the global hacktivist and net-media art
      community. //delete the border!

      http://www.borderhack.org

      if you're interested in participating or supporting borderhack
      3.0(donations,equipment,volunteer work)send an e-mail to
      cybercholito@...