Aug 18 Los Angeles Youth-Immigrant Unite! Culture Festival!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2002
      **ActionLA
      **Summer Youth-Immigrants Unite! Culture Festival
      **Youth & Immigrants United, We’ll Never be Defeated!
      ***IF YOU LIKE OFFER PROGRAM, MISUC PERFORMACE AND WORKSHOP PLEASE COME TO
      OUR PLANNING MEETING!!
      Tuesday, July 23, 8:00 PM
      Arts in Action
      1919 W. 7th Street, 4th floor
      Los Angeles
      For more info, call: (626)695-3405

      Youth-Immigrant Unite! Culture Festival!!
      **Sunday, August 18 4:00 PM – 10:30 PM
      **Lafayette Senior Citizens Center
      **625 S. Lafayette Park Pl, Los Angeles
      **$7:00/person (no one will be turn away for lack of funds)

      Hi, This is Siu Hin from ActionLA, we are organizing a music/cultural/spoken
      words festival to invite youth activists and immigrant worker communities of
      the Macarthur Park-Korean Town area, to join hand-to-hand and express
      solidarity to each other’s struggles, such as: immigrant rights, sweatshops,
      police brutality, schools not jails and affordable housing. We’ll declare:
      Youth & Immigrants United, We’ll Never be Defeated!

      The Festival includes: music performance, spoken words, workshops, art
      exhibit, community cooking and tabling. We are planning for $7 admission to
      cover the cost as well as fund raisings for upcoming joint ActionLA-Arts in
      Action computer lab projects for the community, and KPFK-Asian-Pacific
      Islander Radio Collective. We are looking for co-sponsors who can help our
      events, artists and musicians. For more information, please contact: Lee Siu
      Hin, Tel: (626)695-3405

      **We are looking for workshop and music proposals, and tabling requests for
      the evnets, please fillup the enclosed e-mail application form send us your
      proposal back before Friday, July 19!!!

      1) Tabling:

      We are asking organization for $10 for tabling fee, please let me know if you
      need us to provide table (table is limited) or you will bring your own table.

      2) Workshops:

      Workshop will be one hour each sections, hours will be:
      4:30 PM - 5:20 PM
      5:30 PM - 6:20 PM
      6:30 PM - 7:20 PM
      7:30 PM - 8:30 PM

      3) Music/cultural Performance

      There'll be one hour each block of topic-based "music hours" between 4:00 PM
      to 10: 00 PM, suggest topic includes:
      - Asian hip-hop hour
      - spoken words hour
      - underground music hour
      etc..

      1) Tabling Aplication:

      Name of the organization: ________________________________________________

      Contact Person: ________________________________________________________

      Address: ______________________________________________________________

      Contact Phone: ______________________

      e-mail: _____________________________ URL: _________________________

      Need table? Yes_____ No ______

      Please give us liite description what are you going to put on the table:

      Are you selling items? Yes_____ No ______

      Please send $10.00 tabling fee to:

      ActionLA/SEE
      1013 Mission St., #6
      South PAsadena, CA 91030

      *tabling space is first come first serve-based, if no more tabling space
      left, we will informyou and refund the money.
      2) Workshops Applications:

      Name of the organization: ________________________________________________

      Contact Person: ________________________________________________________

      Address: ______________________________________________________________

      Contact Phone: ______________________

      e-mail: _____________________________ URL: _________________________

      Workshop Title: ________________________________________________________

      Issue(s) focus of the workshop: ___________________________________________

      Descriptions: __________________________________________________________

      Do you have translator? Yes _____ No ______

      What laguage you will able to speak? _____________________________________

      Prefer time slot:
      ____ 4:30 PM - 5:20 PM
      ____ 5:30 PM - 6:20 PM
      ____ 6:30 PM - 7:20 PM
      ____ 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM

      3) Music/cultural Performance Applications:

      Name of the group/performer: _____________________________________________

      Contact Person: ________________________________________________________

      Address: ______________________________________________________________

      Contact Phone: ______________________

      e-mail: _____________________________ URL: _________________________

      Tell me littel about your group: ____________________________________________

      If performance, title of the performance:
      _____________________________________

      If music, lists title(s) of the songs would like to perform:

      How is your preformace/music related to the event?

      Are you going to bring your own equipment?

      Do you have any specific equipment needs?

      ActionLA
      Action for World Liberation Everyday!

      1013 Mission St. #6
      South Pasadena, CA 91030