Vieques ARRESTS/NYC picket!!

  • benjamin ramos
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign sends this update out in hopes that folks
      will come today at 4:30pm to express solidarity with the people of Vieques!!
      We also want to call to attention of the recent arrests of five Puerto
      Rican Women who enganged in Civil disobedience this morning!!

      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      ProLibertad@...
      www.ProLibertad.org
      Bronx 718-601-4751
      Manhattan 212-927-9065
      New Jersey 201-435-3244

      Today FIVE PUERTO RICAN WOMEN were arrested for engaging in civil
      disobedience on the island of Vieques. All five women were members of the
      Puerto Rican Independence Party (PIP). There names are:

      Mar�a de Lourdes Santiago, Vicve President of the PIP,
      Irma Rodr�guez, Leader of the San Juan PIP
      Dra. Mayrna Rodr�guez, Leader of PIP in Ponce;
      Mar�a Elena Rodr�guez, Muncipal Sentaor of the PIP in Najarinto
      Maribel Arroyo, Sanb Juan PIP Militant.

      and today...

      Vieques Support Campaign, 4:30 PM
      Protest at the Office of Federal Affairs of Puerto Rico
      Located at 3 Park Avenue (Between 33RD AND 34TH ST.)
      in Manhattan, New York City
      For more info.
      http://palfrente.tripod.com
      E-mail viequessc@...