Cuba Sustainability Tour Reportback 7-9pm at the Ecology Center, 2530 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley. Free. Info: 510-548-2220 x233.

  • Norma J. F. Harrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2002
      Friday, March 29, 2002

      Cuba Sustainability Tour Reportback - Come join the Ecology Center, Media Alliance and others from the community, who recently
      returned from a delegation to Cuba. Come hear about Cuba's organic farming, green medicine, agricultural collectives, and farmer's
      markets. Also hear about our meetings with radio stations, journalists and about the vibrant hip-hop movement. We'll show pictures
      and slides, share stories and answer questions. Martin Bourque, the Ecology Center's Executive Director, will talk about his new
      book "Sustainable Agriculture and Resistance: Transforming Food Production in Cuba." Come get a first hand account as we discover
      the lessons to be learned from Cuba, and the alternatives they've created to global capitalism. From 7-9pm at the Ecology Center,
      2530 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley. Free. Info: 510-548-2220 x233.

      Saturday, April 20, 2002

      Berkeley Earth Day and Family Farm Day at the Farmer's Market - Come join us again for this year's earth day event! Hands-on farm
      displays, farm animals, wool spinning and tons more. Civic Center Park, Center and MLK, Berkeley. From 10am - 5pm.