Oct 8:NATIONWIDE EMERGENCEY PROTEST AGAINST US BOMBING OF AFGHANISTAN

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2001
      No War For "Revenge"!
      War Is Not the Answer

      Information for antiwar movements, news across the country

      www.ActionLA.org/S11
      EMERGENCEY PROTEST AGAINST US BOMBING OF AFGHANISTAN
      MONDAY, OCTOBER 8

      LOS ANGELES, CA:
      Monday, October 8, 5:00 PM
      Demonstrate Patriotic Conscience In Opposition To Violence
      At Westwood Federal Building (Wilshire and Veteran)

      DEMO against Madeleine Albright at USC
      TUESDAY October 9, 4:30 PM
      USC CAMPUS. In the middle of campus in front of Tommy Trojan Statye

      SAN FRANCISCO, CA:
      Mon, Oct. 8: Protest 5 pm, downtown Berkeley- BART station

      WASHINGTON, D.C.:
      Mon, Oct 8: Protest 5 pm, White House
      (if not accessible, go to McPherson Square- 15th & I)

      HONOLULU, HI:
      Mon, Oct 8, 4-6 PM
      At: Federal Bldg., on Ala Moana Blvd.
      Call: 988-6266

      CHICAGO, IL:
      Mon, Oct 8: Protest 5 pm, Federal Plaza (Jackson & Dearborn)
      For more info, contact the Chicago Ad-Hoc Coalition Against War And Racism at Chicago_Ad_Hoc@...
      or call 312-999-9999. Also, more info listed at www.chicago.indymedia.org

      BOSTON, MA:
      Mon, Oct. 8: 5 pm, Government Center
      Called by International ANSWER & Boston IAC, (617)522-6626, iacboston@...

      CHICOPEE, MA
      Monday, Oct 8, 12:00 PM
      Nonviolent vigil at Westover Airforce Base: A number of folks thought it best to respond to today's attacks
      by meeting for a nonviolent vigil at Westover Airforce at noon at Gate #2. Please bring your own signs. We expect to remain there for several hours.

      ANN ARBOR, MI:
      Mon, Oct. 8: Protest 5:00 pm, at the Diag (in front of the U of M library)
      For more info, email: gwen@... or call: (734)332-0908.

      MINNEAPOLIS, MN
      Mon, Oct 8, 4:30 - 6:30 PM
      Emergency Response Protest: Say No To War on Afghanistan.
      At Minneapolis Federal Courts Building, 4th Street & 4th Avenue in downtown Minneapolis
      By: Anti-War Committee, Women Against Military Madness, and other area peace and justice organizations.
      Contact: (612)872.0944

      CHARLOTTE, NC
      Monday, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
      At Federal Building, 401 W.Trade St.
      Contact: 704-763-6796
      By: International A.N.S.W.E.R.-Charlotte

      GREENSBORO, NC
      Monday, October 8, 11:30 PM - 2:00 PM
      At the corner of West Friendly Avenue and Guilford College Road.
      Contact: (336) 834-2142

      NEW YORK CITY, NY:
      Mon, Oct. 8: Protest 5 pm, Times Square (43rd St. & Broadway)

      POUGHKEEPSIE, NY:
      Mon, Oct. 8: 4:30 pm at Vassar College, 124 Raymond Avenue
      Organized by the Pro-Peace Working Group/Student Activist Union
      For more info, email: rakleinman@... or call: (845) 483-1974.
      We will convene on the lawn in front of the Vassar College chapel at 4:30 PM and march beginning at 5 pm throughout the surrounding Poughkeepsie neighborhoods in the interest of voicing our opposition to the U.S. military attacks on Afghanistan and promoting peaceful means to achieve justice. We would like to encourage everyone to join us. This is a march not only for Vassar students, but for all who support our cause.

      PHILADELPHIA, PA:
      Mon, Oct. 8: Protest vigil at 12 noon, West Side of City Hall - 15th & Market Sts.
      For more info, contact Brandywine Peace Center, or (215) 724-1618 or philnpc@...

      RICHMOND, VA:
      Mon, Oct. 8: 12 noon, outside the Federal Building at 10th and Main streets
      A coalition of peace groups that includes the Little Flower Catholic Worker and Food Not Bombs will be holding this emergency peace vigil. Everyone who is opposed to war and racism is urged to try and be there. War is not the answer!

      GREEN BAY, WI
      Mon, Oct 8, 6:00 PM
      There's a 6pm rally in green bay by the "peace tree" that was erected many years ago by an environmentalist group. Close to the Fox River if people need to know. It's liable to only be 10 or 15 people, but we're hoping for a lot more as usual.