17th Annual Latin America Encuentro---this Saturday!

  • C.I.S.P.E.S.
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001
      "Our Undeclared Wars In Latin America"....the theme of the
      17th Annual Latin America Encuentro
      Saturday, October 6, 2001
      Throop Memorial Church --- Pasadena
      300 South Los Robles
      10:00 a.m. -- 4:00 p.m
      Registration at 9:30 a.m.
      The events of September 11 make it more important than ever than we
      deepen our understanding of the social, economic and political issues of
      Latin America and the world.
      This Encuentro will address the issues of Plan Colombia and the drug
      war in Colombia, Fast Track, FTAA, Cuba, Nicaragua, El Salvador, the border
      issues with Mexico, School of the Americas, Vieques & Puerto Rico, and other
      issues. Peace Coalitions will be tabling!
      Speakers include Blase Bonpane, Helen Sklar, Carlos Escorcia, Don
      White, and speakers from Witness For Peace, La Resistancia, Office of the
      Americas.
      --$15 pre-registration--$20 at the door-info: 714-633-0922/714-567-0188
      Sponsors: Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, So. Cal. Unit
      Office of the Americas (OOA)
      Committee In Solidarity With The People of El Salvador (CISPES)
      +++++++++++++++Lunches provided for pre-registrations only!+++++++++++++
      *******We are collecting used eyeglasses for Nicaragua at this event!****